• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

Man the good Lord has presented we PA flintlock hunters with just about the worst possible weather for keeping your powder dry. Yes we had a couple of days that it didn't rain but so far for the most part it has been way too warm and certainly too wet. Several days it was raining so hard I just rolled over and went back to sleep. Finding the deer has been a real chore also as they are very spooky and grouped up for the most part. Of course good weather or bad some of the days have been very windy. Man weather so far has not been fit for man nor beast.
We have one more week but weather looks really bad till Thursday.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 06 January 2007 - 10:59 PM

I hear ya!! It rained here all morning so I didnt get out to my spot at 1pm. hiking in I saw fresh tracks, nice and hard in the mud with no standing water in them so they were fresh. I get in and the winds coming from all sides and I was on the east side of a hill when the weather.com said it was supposed to be wsw wind today. I hate changing fronts. wind is always unpredictable not to mention the moon was full the other day. then at days end as Im driving out of sgl 205, theres 6 does on the other side of the creek which is private property. they were looking to cross the high water to head towards the gamelands. grrrr!!!

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

Hey Paul. Here's an "old Indian" trick. Stand in the middle of the woods with an umbrela. The deer will huddle around you to stay dry. ;) :lol:

#4 MN BP HUNTER

MN BP HUNTER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

SPIRIT HAWK
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A ELMER FUD CARTOON :lol:
TO BAD THAT DEER ARENT THAT DUMB :o)

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 07:29 PM

MN BP Hunter, shhhhhh I was waiting to see if Paul would try it. ;) :lol:

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 09:23 PM

Spirithawk I tried it. I got out in the middle of the woods, opened the umbrella and it quit raining. :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 31 January 2007 - 10:04 PM

Gee, don't it just figure bud? :no: :lol:

#8 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 01:48 PM

Posted Image

I decided to do some cold weather shooting today. It was -2?s outside. The windchill on the radio was said to be -22?s below 0. Not real fun to sit outside, but at least it was sunny, but there was a nasty cross wind. In fact the second group shows a little to the right.

I started with 90 grains of Kik 3f powder and some 250 grain sabots. They have the red arrows to them. I was not real happy with them but wanted to try them anyway in the rifle.

Then to make sure the rifle was not at fault, I changed flints and shot 90 grains of Goex 2f with patched roundball. I was real pleased with that group. Those are the blue arrows.

Then since my nose was not cooperating and running from the cold, which was freezing .. I decided to call it a day and go back in the house.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users