1 reply to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 01:17 PM

but cant figure something out its a 1400 semi auto 12 gauge the friend I got it from gave me 2 barrels with it and 3 chokes for the bird barrel the bird barrel is from a 1400 and the slug barrel is from a model 140 slugster when I called winchester they said that they were the same gun. now here is the problem the slug barrel slides on and off real easy no problems when I put the bird barrel on it it takes 2 people pulling it apart to get it off but it slides right on without a problem anyone know anything about how I can correct this or should I just take it to a gunsmith and have it looked at or is it something that I dont really need to worry about
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 January 2007 - 04:34 PM

Irinman I have the same shotgun mine is the 140. Mine has a 28inch barrel and 3 choke tubes. I find that by pulling the bolt back that the barrel comes off easier. If this doesn't work then I would want to know what was catching as it may need a little polishing , a small burr or a small high spot. A marker may help to find out where the tight spot is. I was told that the differance between the 140 and 1400 is the wood but don't know if this is true. The 1400 was supposed to have better wood ,Walnut. Hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the shotgun.
Joe
MR300WM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users