• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#16 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 05:04 AM

:lol: Maybe Paul & Eric should bring a PGC official along to Elkatraz so they can assure you that big kitties don't exsist anywhere in your area. :shifty:
*just a little light hearted humor towards a beleaguered group of fine professionals. :D
Posted Image

#17 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 07:39 AM

Center of chest with powder burns on the fur? If Mr. Kitty is that close, he and I are both going to have some other stains on us too! :o :lol:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#18 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 01 April 2006 - 09:20 AM

well that just adds to proof your life was really in danger.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#19 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:41 PM

I always carry a short nosed 2" barrell 45 caliber revolver in grizzly and lion country in Wyoming. I carry this firearms holstered on the center of my upper chest. Some might ask why carry there? If you are in a defensive position actually fighting for your life w/ bear, lion or anything attacking you studies have shown that a person will not remove or reach away from his body so they can protect themselves. So if you carry your weapon on your hip and a lion or bear is on you you may not be able to reach the weapon on the fight w/o exposing your head, neck and chest(prime killing targets by predators), you might as well be carrying a bar of soap. Put it where you can actually use it.

I have a CCW permit but you aren't supposed to carry a firearm during archery season. I no longer bow hunt but do go in the woods to help call and set up for elk. Like it was mentioned cow and lost calf calls attact elk, bears and lions.

I will deal w/ the consequences if that ever comes up.

It is better to be judged by 12 then carried by 6!

Fatty

Edited by bonecollector34, 01 April 2006 - 02:48 PM.

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#20 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 06:23 AM

THere are not just six guys on this planet that could carry you Fatty! :D sound advice! I'll ride in your hip pocket...someones gotta cover your a$$

What Bruce and Larry said! They tend to stay away from you while hunting (I don't think they like the smell of wet pants and soiled drawers). And Honestly, if I had to go, I'd rather it be as a bear turd, than as a vehicular accident victim. At least I would be giving back to nature... B)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#21 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 08:23 AM

With about 15,000 black furry four footed bears here in PA I have no aah err little fear of them. We have some of the biggest ones too. I think my backup will be a rope. I'll just lasso that critter for Larry to take home as a pet. Bruce is Dakota for rent :lol:
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#22 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 21 June 2006 - 03:09 PM

The only thing better than a big gun is a bigger gun :D
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#23 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 07:42 PM

It brings up the old addage," I don't have to out run the bear, I just have to out run you!" ;) :lol:

#24 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 21 July 2006 - 04:57 AM

Hmmm to avoid lengthy investigations, if i do encounter a bear or Mtn. Lion, i may let them take an extra step or 2 to get within point blank range, that way theres plenty of powder burns on the fur... but instead of center of the chest... i think it's gonna be center of the eyes... i'm not looking to get maimed, but i will make sure my butt is covered if it comes to that..
Semper Fi

#25 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 02:53 PM

I can tell you first hand from last years E2 that the CO cats love the lost calf call. Had one jump down from a near by tree and come looking for a free meal while working this very call type. It got to 18 yards before I let it know I was there. He put eyes on me at about 12 yards and turned inside of himself to get out of there. You see I feel that once these guys know you're human, unless they're above you, they're outta there. That was the third time, that I know of, I've encountered cats Elk hunting and I've had the same thing happen twice with bears.

Like McBruce said slow and easy and remember the clean shorts, LOL!!!

Oh, if the cat starts the head bob and side-to-side thing you see your house cat do when hunting mice; it?s time to thank the Lord for all the time you HAD on the planet. The cat I encountered in CO did it twice before it really knew what I was. It wasn?t until I said HEY (really loudly) three times that it realized I was a human. I didn?t say go down without a fight.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users