• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:48 AM

:huh: hey guys i am really trying to find a new bow for the first time, i have always had older bows that are unforgiving and slow for the most part. i am finally going to buy myself a new rig and i am really torn on what to get. i have been eyeing the reflex bows and recently held one of the fred bear instinct and element models. they are all within my range in price. i have gotten good research on the reflex excursion that i am looking at, was wondering if any of you have shot the element or instinct from fred bear?i like the parallel limb design.

thanks,
Bill

Edited by 7pointbuck, 15 January 2007 - 08:03 AM.

"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:43 AM

I've shot most of the new Bears (Insinct, Element, Truth etc.)

IMO, the Instinct & Element are similar on the shot. The main differences are in materials. The Instinct has machined aluminum limb pockets and a perimeter weighted cam. By contrast, the Element has plastic limb pockets and an unweighted cam. The weighted cam increases speed and supposedly reduces vibration. (The Element cheats the speed a little by having a smaller idler wheel despite the lack of weighted cam. This makes for a slightly more harsh draw, however.) If it were me, I would definitely spend the extra $100 to get metal limb pockets alone. :peace:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 15 January 2007 - 11:25 AM

jerimiah, thank you so much for your insight!! do you feel the bear would be a better choice than the reflex? i am narrowed down between the three. the element gets good reviews as does the instinct but i am like you it may be better to pay a little more and get more durable components. i have read that the element and instinct are almost identical to shoot them. i only have about 350 to put toward the bow, so i am checking ebay like crazy!!!! :wacko: i am a mad man i am |(*,) what to do!
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 15 January 2007 - 02:37 PM

I have an Element. It's a pretty good bow for the money
-Eric

#5 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

Fred Bear Element

;)
Posted Image

#6 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:54 PM

7 Point; Danny Moore, a well know archery shop owner in Montana, recently retired, and the person given the title of "the greatest elk hunter", in a recently published archery book by ??? sorry I don't remember, titled "The Greatest Archers I have known", shoots the Bear Instinct, made by Escalade Sports. Danny could shoot any bow, but chose the Bear Instinct. Dan has taken or helped take over 53 elk, many P&Y trophies. I personally like the Bear Truth II or Code, a longer ATA. In my research, I have found that Bowtech, has the best Technology for bow and cable design, with miminal problems associated with the newer bows. There subsidary Diamond, is great, my choice the Marquis model. Do your research, shoot as many as you can, realize the radical cams will give you speed, by a harsh draw cycle. Last years Bear Instinct, 2007, can be bought on e-bay in several e-bay stores, very reasonable, around $300. Make sure you know what draw length and draw weight you need before buying. HH in Pa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users