• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:52 PM

My wife's father Irven, pop - pop has had a really bad day mentally. He got up all confused as to where he was inspite of living here for nearly 5 years now. He has been seeing people that have passed away 40 and 50 years ago all day. Hoping and praying that it is not another stroke coming on. We had the hospice nurse come and check him out and everything seems fine physically but he sure is out of it mentally today. Please pray for his mental health.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:18 PM

You got it Paul and You know it !!!! :pray: :pray:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#3 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 11:02 PM

Paul prayers going up. Our Mom use to do the same thing, kinda scary when they talk to people that have been dead for a while. It is truely sad and our hearts our with you.
God Bless,
Dave & Randi

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 03:47 PM

Today's update. He is a bit worse. He appears weaker and can barely stand much less walk. The nurse was here again but still sees little evidence of stroke. He is still seeing things that aren't there and talking to people not there. He cannot hold a conversation either with anyone. He is in his easy chair in our living room and will be a challange to get him to his bedroom but we have a plan if his weakness persists. His Dr prescribed another med to calm him and we just gave that to him. Our lord says that coveting is a sin but I do covet your prayers. Neither My wife or I got much sleep last night but are hoping he calms enough to sleep so we can.

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:45 PM

I am sorry to hear this Paul...

Marty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:11 AM

The hospice nurse just left and agreed that this could be the beginning of the end. He had a much better night last night but although he was laying still he was mumbling most of the night. Thank you God for the new meds that calmed him down. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns we do really appreciate them. We are just praying for strength and that God's will be done.

#7 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 11:30 AM

Dear Lord,
Please lift this family in Your arms. Comfort and shelter them as they move through this trial. Give Paul wisdom and encouragement as he shoulders the brunt of the decisions to be made. We thank-you for the meds that help Irven find peacefullness. If Irven has arrived to the place in the trail where You'll call him home soon, then help us accept Your timing. At this time I ask for Paul & Judy to be filled with an unexplainable peace that only You can impart. All this I ask in Jesus' precious Name- Amen. :pray:
Posted Image

#8 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

Phil I thank God that he put us together. Your prayer and Woodhicks email of Pics today have done so very much to bring a calm and peace amid all the turmoil going on around our family at this time. I truly believe God has already answered your prayer.

Pop Pop has slept all day without a peep. Thank you all for holding our family up we are feeling the effects of your prayers and just cherish you all and very much appreciate you all. Thanks again my friends.

#9 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 07:27 PM

More prayers sent :pray: :pray: :pray:
Posted Image

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:49 PM

Praying the lord gives you the strength to handle things my freind and that he watches over your father-in-law and your family as well. :pray:

#11 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:30 PM

We will continue to pray for Pop-Pop. I am glad that the meds have been working for him. When Mom was alive we had to give her meds to calm her down at night so that she would sleep. If there is anything that I can do for your family please don't hesatate to ask. May the Lord send you his comforting angels.

God Bless,
Dave

#12 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Have strength and you're in our :pray: :pray: :pray:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users