25 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 08:49 PM

Someone put a lot of effort and excellent talent editing your voyage and adventure in Africa. The photography is beautiful and video work is superb in humble opinion this everyone will enjoy who wants to go to Africa. The accompanying music that rules the background fits like a glove. This piece looks professional at every level from the slow motion shots and the kill shots and those where incredibly well done too. To capturing the hunts with the dialog describing the details of the story unfolding in the scene. I guess you can say I was impressed and love to join you guys on your next trip.

But but but but my wife - yes my wife does not hunt and doesn't understand it and she watched a small part of the dvd and I explained who made it and said in very certain term if I go and kill anything in Africa I will come back to locked doors and locks changed. |(*,) :signhere: <:( Whatsupwiththat :smackhead:

Anyways Leo and Will I highly recommend this to everyone here and beyond here. Congrats! :bigthumb: :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 16 January 2007 - 10:33 PM

Getting my copy on Friday, Little Will is taking your truelly out ta lunch!

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:46 AM

Leo does this German Afriicon acsent during one of his interviews over the kudu bull. It was tooo good :lol: Since I don't know Leo very well I swore he was here on work visa. :o Got to watch it to hear him give it a go!

And the huge african rock python you two walked up on and posed with in the bush was amazing. It looked to be over 200 lbs and my guess over 15 ft long. Magnificent snake. The birds you photographed were incredible too.

The group that Will and Leo were with did have a grand safari to and the pictures proof it.

I could go on but I don't want to ruin the ending. :whistle: :zipped:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:28 AM

Where do I send my 15.00 check for the cd??? I misplaced that post.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 hunter1963

hunter1963

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 09:49 AM

Silver, I believe it is under hucks post thinking out loud

#6 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:22 AM

http://z9.invisionfree.com/huntingresource...topic=2053&st=0

Where do I send my 15.00 check for the cd??? I misplaced that post.

That's link up above to order the DVD if you lost it.

#7 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:28 AM

Leo does this German Afriicon acsent during one of his interviews over the kudu bull. It was tooo good :lol: Since I don't know Leo very well I swore he was here on work visa. :o Got to watch it to hear him give it a go!

And the huge african rock python you two walked up on and posed with in the bush was amazing. It looked to be over 200 lbs and my guess over 15 ft long. Magnificent snake. The birds you photographed were incredible too.

The group that Will and Leo were with did have a grand safari to and the pictures proof it.

I could go on but I don't want to ruin the ending. :whistle: :zipped:

Yep Huck's "Thinking out loud" post is where interested folks need to look.

The snake Karen and Mike encountered was a Reticulated Python. I wasn't there when they came accross it. I've been around them before when I used to help out at the Herp unit in college. They are one of the bitey-ist snakes around. Not poisonous but you will need medical attention if one nails you. It takes two or three people to handle one and they all better know what they are doing or someone is getting hurt.

Thanks for letting everyone know how you liked it :) I think some folks suspect this is just somebodies home hunting video footage. So how could it be worth it or really all that entertaining. Thank you very much, for letting folks know it's a LOT more than just that. When you start fooling around with the menus on the dvd I think you'll really appreciate the format.
Posted Image

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 01:27 PM

The snake Karen and Mike encountered was a Reticulated Python

leo must have been someones pet because retics are not native to that part of the world, more so it's pattern was so dark it looked like the native species the rock python. ;)

#9 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 02:13 PM

The snake Karen and Mike encountered was a Reticulated Python

leo must have been someones pet because retics are not native to that part of the world, more so it's pattern was so dark it looked like the native species the rock python. ;)

Good catch. You're absolutely right.

It is indeed a rock python. And a whopper of a rock python at that.

South Africa isn't very snakey in August. I only saw one snake the entire Safari.
Posted Image

#10 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 06:54 PM

Heebee jeebees.....my skin's crawling again! I saw two snakes while there-a twig snake and the black mamba. The latter was a mere 12" from either leg.

Here's a little story about Mike and Karen's snake encounter. Mike, being the brave yank that he is, decided to go tug on the python's tail. Mike snuck up to within pouncing range. He made himselve ready for the grab. The snake wheeled and caught Mike totally off gaurd. Mike was not prepared for the snake's counter maneuver nor his speed. Mike, with tail between his leg, leapt to the moon. He had his Ph and black tracker rolling on the ground with laughter. Karen, of course, jumped onto the back of the snake and wrestled it until Mike was clear... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for the input Mark. What amazes me, after watching the video a million times, is the speed at which the warthogs move. The pig I shot was 22 yards away. Watch how fast that little sucker's hinny spins at the shot (I was shooting 296 fps). He was broadside at the start and the arrow ends up going through him diagonally. Watch Leo's pig also. At the shot, the pig moves back about six inches. If I'm not mistaken, Leo was 12 yards from his pig.

One other thing that comes to light after viewing the video (I can remember a lot of this stuff like it was yesterday), watch my impala as it comes to water. When he turns his head, notice the little black dot on his neck. It gave me the perfect bull's eye-I was in a zone. That arrow was delivered from 35 yards...

I also find Leo's kudu analysis amazing. Can you believe that...I would have never thunk it! But, it's clearly visible!

Larry and Tim, your DVDs went out today! Woody, Phil, and Mdturbo, yours go out tomorrow.
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#11 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:32 PM

If I'm not mistaken, Leo was 12 yards from his pig.

Actually the pig was 26yds. The telephoto lense on my camera is deceiving, it really makes everything look very close.

I didn't have a shot at an impala that was under 30yds. They look MUCH closer on the video.

The only thing that was right on top of me was the Kudu. A 15yd bowshot on an animal that weighs over 700lbs from a ground blind is a little exciting :rolleyes: I'm thrilled we got it on film. You'll notice he is just getting ready to bolt when I got him. Louis made me get my bow in my lap and in the ready position as soon as he spotted the first kudu cow. If I hadn't done that. I would have never had a chance.
Posted Image

#12 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:34 PM

I can't wait to get mine!

Eric
-Eric

#13 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 08:43 PM

Will that's superb job of videoing you all did and then editing for slow motion shots. That one impala dropped so fast and got his butt on the ground and spun like a top to bolt out of there. At regular speed you miss it but slowed down it's fantastic to watch.
And the wart hogs are a hard target-low to the ground and built for speed.

Leo's kudu arrow analysis was unbelievable work. The reality is I watched one of the shows on Africa and I can't recall which one but the arrow did the same thing. The assumed track of the arrow didn't go as you would have guessed but got turned as it passed. They presumed it was deflected by bone. But every show I've watched preached the same thing on arrow placement the more forward you sink it the better because the vitals are all forward.

Got to handed it to you guys you shot some great trophies. ;)

#14 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 17 January 2007 - 10:12 PM

Rowdy,

That's Leo's impala...the one spinning on the dime. That arrow did some damage, eh?

My impala never took another step...
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#15 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

I told my brother the footage of my impala hit at 32yds is OMIGOSH amazing. I told him, seriously, this is NO exaggeration, I'm not just playing this up. It's a bonafide "Wow!" moment. The arrow goes from the left front shoulder and completely shatters the right rear leg.

His response when viewing the footage was simply, "Wow! You weren't kidding, you really hammered him!!!" The PH got real excited at the results of that shot. You can hear it on the video ;)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users