Live Chat Room

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 January 2007 - 09:42 PM

For those who are unaware, this site also houses a Live Chat Room. The link to it is located near the top of the page in the menu just below the dark bar where you log in and check your member details. (Inline with the "Forums", "Members", "Calendar" links etc.)

"Organized" chat time is nightly @ 9:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.

However, it is truly a "come as you can" atmosphere. Some members arrive earlier - Some much later. The chat room is for all members to use and enjoy whenever they wish. We only ask that folks do so responsibly and adhere to the code of conduct for the forum as the chat room is moderated.

#2 Shrapnal

Shrapnal

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Interests:Love fishing, camping, and soon will be out hunting. :)

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:18 PM

I'm there now. lol

#3 Elk_Hunter

Elk_Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:40 PM

anyone around to chat....got a few spare minutes for once.

#4 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 10 February 2012 - 10:43 PM

I'm here I'll check and see if you're there...
Semper Fi

#5 Elk_Hunter

Elk_Hunter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 10:25 PM

sitting in a hotel room again, got a few hours to kill Posted Image

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

I recall when the chat room would have 7,8,10 guys in it. I guess texting has pretty well killed it. Sad.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 27 September 2014 - 08:24 AM

Chat room hasn't worked for several weeks. Just curious why?  I like to chat to RedGreen on it

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 09 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

Invision wants money every 6 months to keep it going despite the fact that I bought a "lifetime" license for the entire suite.

It had been down for a while. But, I paid back in March of this year. So, it was actually functioning from March through August. Nobody used it. I took that as a sign to save myself some green.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#9 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

I can't blame you with so few visitors here anymore.  Glad to hear you are still kicking.  Have you been able to get out hunting?

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#10 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:46 PM

Invision wants money every 6 months to keep it going despite the fact that I bought a "lifetime" license for the entire suite.
It had been down for a while. But, I paid back in March of this year. So, it was actually functioning from March through August. Nobody used it. I took that as a sign to save myself some green.

Certainly can't fault that thinking.
Posted Image

#11 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:29 PM

I haven't hunted in 3 years, Paul. It's still very much a passion, but I don't feel "qualified" to speak about the latest and greatest gear and techniques too much these days as I'm pretty much out of touch.

My father was my #1 hunting pardner, helping me get into/out of the woods and such and he is generally no longer available. (Though 60 years of age, he recently married a woman that is my age who has 3 young kids. He no longer remembers that he already had family. Mid-life crisis mode: FULL ON :) )

ANYWHO, with just having had surgery on the herniated disc in my back last week, I am already feeling a good bit better. I'm not sure how the psoriatic arthritis is going to treat me, but I'm hoping to be able to do some turkey hunting this spring. (And, maybe... just maybe... be ready for white-tail by next year.)

As for HR here... It just keeps whirring away. It is self-sufficient (ads still pay for its existence). Unfortunately, I now lack the concentration and physical abilities to park myself in front of a computer for days on end to re-design/re-build some things. (We could definitely use an overhaul. Social Media has moved right along without us.) Again, maybe in the coming time if my health continues to improve.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#12 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:58 PM

Jeremiah so sorry to hear of your plight.  Know exactly how you feel on the back problems.  Been having a compressed disk problem where the sciatic nerve comes out of the backbone.  Have been treating it with oral steroids, heat, patches, and vibration.  The next step according to my family doctor when and if present treatments no longer work is physical therapy and cortisone shots and then possibly surgery.  I am at 72 still able to get out there and do some hunting.  I even go out myself at times to the chagrin of the wife.  Sorry to hear about losing your hunting buddy.  I lost my dad to cancer many years ago and still miss my hunting buddy but then my son Eric and I go out as much as we can and truly believe that keeps me going.  Also sorry that we live so far apart or you would have a new hunting buddy.

If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users