• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:29 AM

Ok thought this might be cool, How did everyone come up with there screen name here I will start

I love to hunt with Muzzle Loaders so it was natural to use mzlloader.

come on lets here it.

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:48 AM

Some of you may remember the story of how I came by my Cherokee name, Adanvdo Towodi...Spirit Hawk, which was given me by a Cherokee Elder. I simply use it as my screen name.

#3 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:51 AM

It's my name. I need simple things that I can remember. :blink:
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#4 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:54 AM

it's the one my parents gave me ...i've had it all my life....now lets see if i can only remember it ...no don;t give me any hint's ...well ok if anybody know's holler at me ...thanks ... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#5 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:59 AM

Posted Image This is the real Rowdy Yates. Look familiar?

I was listening to the theme song to the old western Raw Hide and the name came to mind from my child hood when signing up in here the first time. Just a fluke moment. This great early TV weekly saga of a cattle drive had me as kid in love with the west. Nothing to really do with me.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 24 January 2007 - 10:07 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#6 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:06 AM

Well lets see , i too was given it at birth....amazing huh....

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:43 AM

I am from PA and most certainly surrounded by continous lines of Ridges. The running part does not come as easy as it once did but a guy can dream can't he.

A bunch of years ago while in the Air National Guard I was standing gate guard duty and who should pull up and stop but the 2 star commanding general of the camp there in New England. He looked me over and said "You are one of those PA Ridge Runners aren't you". To which I replied "Yes Sir, and mighty proud of it too". When I tried to come up with a Moniker for the Net for some reason that "encounter" came to mind.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 vcross

vcross

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 396 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:47 AM

It's my logon everywhere else - first initial + last name. It was given to my by the powers that "be" at work!

#9 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:48 AM

Growing up on the western edge of Wisconsin, we always refered to Minnesotans as "mud ducks" Minnesota was/is the land of 10,000 lakes and a coot{or trash duck} was refererd to as a mud duck, so when we saw Minnesotans in our favorite hunting or fishing spot, we would say " Would ya just look at all the mud ducks here". Anyways, Minnesotans refered to Wisconsinites as "Cheese heads" because of our status as "Americas dairy Land". Anyway, when I moved to Minnesota in 2000, I became a "Mud Duck" or mudduck, :lol:

#10 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 12:30 PM

In the day, it was Ridgewalker. when I hunt the mtns I like to be on ridges to see whats around and where I want to go. thus ridgewalker.

then one day I took Jer on a little hike. when we got back to the truck he said McBruce take me to McDonalds for some McBeef, McFries and McShake, I'm in need of nursihment after that adventure.....
its been McBruce ever since.

some places its shortened to McB

but it also has to do with my Scott / Irish name :)

Edited by McBruce, 24 January 2007 - 12:31 PM.

McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#11 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:30 PM

Fossilman,fossil,foss...................I collect and hunt for fossil and dinasaur bones......... :yes: ;)
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#12 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:40 PM

My African name is" Bwanna dashde whuck leondorofl"..which interupts to..".Little shrieking guy outrunning Huck & Leo upon hearing roar of lion :o "...but Phil seemed easier to type.

Edited by Phil, 24 January 2007 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:17 PM

My last name is Whipple, everyone just started calling me whip in highschool....various explanations for that I suppose. haha
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#14 7pointbuck

7pointbuck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • Interests:bowhunting, muzzleloading, riding atvs, fishing, going to church, and my family and friends!

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

well, i was on a hunting trip,my first outfitted hunt actually in estill,sc and i killed the biggest deer i had ever killed a 19 inch spread 7 point, and i also met my best friend mike mclerran (aka tenn.ridgerunner) on that hunt and we are still best friends to this day.so they`re are very fond memories for me with that name.

God bless,

Bill
"My Freezer is a wildlife preserve!!!"

#15 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 24 January 2007 - 04:10 PM

McBeef is code for the rat they use in their soylent-green-esque patties. :lol:

Well, I was born Bob, but I had it legally changed after watching Jeremiah Johnson for the first time... o_0 :shifty: :no:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users