32 replies to this topic

#16 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 05:25 PM

It's my human name. You couldn't speak my Vulcan name.
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#17 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 06:15 PM

Out here in the west, you have to earn your trail name. It's an honor bestowed upon you by your friends for some moment of brilliance within your life-like being called "sugar pants". The name is yours for a lifetime.

My name "Huckleberry" originally evolved from the 1958 Hanna/Berbara show "Huckleberry Hound". My parents were always quick to draw comparisions between me and the show's main character- a dim-witted, good-natured hound dog minus the Southern drawl.

As a young boy, My backyard was filled with new discoveries. I endlessly managed to get myself in trouble in the strangest places. I was the boy stuck in the culvert, for example (I near caught that frog by the way). I was easily talked into most of my predicaments...before there was "Mikey", it was let's get "Huckleberry"-he'll do anything!

Then came the movie "Tombstone" with Val Kilmer. As Doc Holiday, Mr Kilmer's line "I'm your huckleberry" pretty much said it all for me. Here was a guy willing to put it all on the line for what he believe in. He was present with a challenge- a situation he embraced with open arms. That's me... :rolleyes:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#18 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:11 PM

" Woody" How you say ???Well i work with wood ,im a cabinetmaker [ some folks on here call me wood butcher,lovingly that is lol] Then i also spent a lot of time in the woods ,to much acording to the wife lol.Hence Woody , i can live with that !
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#19 woodhick

woodhick

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:26 PM

Four generations of my family have been lumberjacks to some extent. I may be the last, not sure yet. Anyway a woodhick was a lumberjack that stayed in the woods and had little to do with the outside world. When he was in the world with "normal people" he felt out of place. I also compete to some extent in lumberjack events and took the name woodhick many years ago. And why not, when I'm not in the woods I feel out of place. I just don't feel comfortable in this present world.

#20 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 08:37 PM

Who was $1.59 oh you mean buck59 well that use to be my ol handle I went by that all the old timers remeber me by. Well I was a young buck at one time HA,HA and I do like to hunt bucks and I was created in 59 and yes they broke the mold HA,HA.
Anyway when we decided to use are real names I jumped on the idea beause I am who I am and proud of my given name.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

#21 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:29 PM

Well on the old site I went by PA Spike King. When I started hunting in the early 80's on the first day,at the age of 12 I killed a spike buck. Years after I used to only be able to kill spikes :unsure: and the guys would ask me how big are the spikes this year. :lol: I live in PA and I have killed lots of them.

On this fine site I just decided to go with my first name.
I like the way Larry$ said it. :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#22 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 24 January 2007 - 09:34 PM

To be honest I have know idea how I thunked up my name :ermm: :unsure:
-Eric

#23 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 24 January 2007 - 10:35 PM

R&G I know...cause some PA Spike King figured he'd rather use his name then the trail name given to him by his fellow PA hunters :)
thus you had to come up with Run & Gun.
you can blame Eric for stealing your name :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#24 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 11:34 PM

Bonecollector34

Bonecollector for the large antlers I try and hunt and 34 is my retired badge number on SWAT.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#25 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:47 PM

Terry my first name, then from AR cause i'm from Arkansas LOL that's all i want to add to this thread :lol:
Semper Fi

#26 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 01:58 PM

I grew up on the Iron Range in NE Minnesota and most of the town worked in the iron ore mines. Beautiful area just south of the boundary waters and I miss not living there...

#27 Geoff / TBow

Geoff / TBow

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Well let's see! "Geoff" is what I was tagged with early on. Some of my friends tend to swap the 'e' in "Geoff" for another 'o' sometimes, so that it sounds something like a Walt Disney character. I have NO IDEA where they came up with that idea!!!!!!!!!

The TBow is the handle I used on the first BSOTH site. It's short for "Top Bow". Tom Cruise, eat your heart out! ;) :D

Geoff / TBow
Every day you`re fortunate enough to wake up breathing, is cause for celebration!

#28 rbduck

rbduck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 09:17 PM

RB are my initials and I love to duckhunt. It does not stand for roboduck.

Ron :D
Quail is the virgin
Duck is the mature woman
.....Iron Chef

#29 Tenn. Ridgerunner

Tenn. Ridgerunner

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:00 AM

I am from Tennessee and I used to run coonhounds up and down these Ridges. Hence the name Tenn. Ridgerunner
There is nothing more enjoyable than the sound of the woods waking up in the morning.

#30 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 08:41 AM

Well for me hunting is more than a sport or hobby. To me hunting is a spirtual thing. Therefore I believe one needs to hunt from his inner being or his spirt. Might sound kinda corny to some people but thats just how I feel about the hunt. Hence.....Huntfromthesoul
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users