3 replies to this topic

#1 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 06:43 AM

Hey Jer. PMG From the BO Board Finally found ya Thanks to Phil. I heard a rumor you switched bows??? :no: You finally came over to the dark side and started shooting HOYT?? Which did you choose and why?? I got the Trykon XL gold anodized for indoor and 3-D this season. 60# 29 inch draw a bit long but with good form and a Scott Pro Backtension I do ok.
The 8th time ever shooting spots in doors I managed to score a 300 ! B)

Welcome to the Dark Side and Congrats Jer.

Jim

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:21 AM

Yes and no...

I did buy a Trykon XL in jet black to tinker with for spots & 3D. But, I still own Mathews. I have the new Switchback XT and that will remain my hunting bow, at least for now. As I mentioned on the old forums, the Hoyt comes and goes with me. It's a love/hate relationship, you could say. When the bow is in tune it shoots very well. But, I hate having to worry about keeping the cams in synchronization. (I've already had to creep tune and make adjustments because my buss cable had stretched more than the control cable and string.) Today is better than it was yesterday when it comes to two cam bows. But, at the end of the day, you're still worrying about the same age-old issue with them.

As for the bow itself... Fit and finish is as high a quality as I have come to expect in a bow. Nice bow. I might have a case of, "just not for me" when it's all said and done even though I haven't given up on it just yet. Maybe I'll go shoot it today since I'm off work and see how it goes. :)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Bowdoc Jim

Bowdoc Jim

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:04 AM

I can fully understand the issues. I have had my fair share with them as well and I do agree.

The big reason I don't shoot a Mathews Switchback XT is because of the grip!! Pure and simple I don't like the larger grip ( than Hoyt's side panels I hate the new pro fit grips of Hoyts as well) I like everything else about it. I cannot bring myself to spend that kind of money on a bow (or any equiptment for that matter) and have to modify it to fit me right. I know there is other grips out there I can put on it but none have that satisfing feeling in the hand enough to make me wanna shoot it.

I have the Gold annodized XL and it shoots well for me but need to decide if I am gonna get one for Hunting???? I am actually leaning towards the Browning Illusion for now If I do get a new Hunting bow.

Good to find where everyone is hanging out today since the BO board is not running. Take care and shoot straight.

#4 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:16 AM

It's a love/hate relationship, you could say. When the bow is in tune it shoots very well. But, I hate having to worry about keeping the cams in synchronization.

That is how I felt about my XTEC also. It shot very well when everything was in sync. But as soon as it got out of sync (or time), it shot poorly.

It took me quite a while to get used to the grip on my Switchback. The feel is fine, but it took me a bit to get the "sweet spot" back for that size of a grip. The grip on my first bow was similar to the Mathews grip as far as size. The Hoyt's grip was very nice. But, since I've been shooting Mathews for about a year now, the smaller grips feel very uncomfortable to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users