12 replies to this topic

#1 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:20 PM

got up this morning to a beautiful blue sky.... went out to mow the lawn...2 acres)...and mowed bought a 3rd of it when a little blue bird flew over me and told me to go fishing..... i put the lawn mower back into the shed and got my 2 grandsons up and off we went....we ended up catching lot's of fish but the crappie here must be 10 in. or better here to keep...well we ended up with 48 keeper crappie and 17 blugills in 5 hours fishing.... needless to say i still have most of the yard to mow ...but it won't be tomarrow ..got a date with a great big crappie.... :lol: :lol: :rofl: :rofl: ....well maybe tomarrow afternoon i'll get to the yard then it a big fish fry....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#2 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:51 PM

Man Tom mowing the yard allready :blink: We had snow on the ground this morning. :yes: Sure sounds like lots of fun though (fishing that is). B)
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#3 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

I had wet snow this morning. it really stank not to mention I had to go to work 2 hours for mandatory ot for a training session. so i worked 10 hours today & had crappie weather.

#4 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 09:00 PM

Tom you did the right thing. Those grandkids won't be around forever but the yard will. Take them youngins fishing cause that builds memories. Memories recalled while on a lawn mower mowing the lawn.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 12:31 AM

Crappie Fry? :doh:

Who? Where?

That sounds yummy!

Fatty ;)

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 04:44 AM

We're just waiting for the Crappies to turn on up here Tom. Ice-out crappie fillets sizzling in a cast-iron frypan with a side of fried taters & onions...hmmm...!
Posted Image

#7 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

Eric done mowed the yard 3 times so far bud....fatty you all come on down and we'll all eat some crappie ...paul your right the grandkids will be gone off on their own in just a short while and yeppers that yard will always be here needing mowing....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2006 - 07:31 AM

And from what Tom and I talked about at Wilderness he knows how to fix those fish up.:D Saturday evening fish fry man I can smell'em cooking now. :P

Enjoy them Tom and go get the biggin! :yes: :thumbsup:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 06 April 2006 - 07:32 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:16 AM

Tom,you and I think the same way (ha ha ha ha)...............Fishin' is the way to go............ :yes:
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#10 tdl12321

tdl12321

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:18 PM

Sounds like a great day to me. You know when I'm on my death bed I think I'd rather remember taking those fishing trips with the grandkids than the times I stayed home and cut the grass. Of course, if I don't get to the yard soon the wife will send me to my death bed :rolleyes:

#11 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:31 PM

Man Tom,
Did we hit the "Motherlode". My brother & I headed to a lake in western PA for friday & today. In 2 days we caught a couple hundred crappies....keeping 107 beween 10-15". Nope, I don't feel guilty as I didn't keep a fish last year and may not keep anymore this year....but we'll sure have 1/2 dozen good family feeds from this trip! Best crappie fishing I've ever had....(and the gobbler sounding off all morning above the point we were fishing at didn't hurt the atmosphere either)!
Tomorrow I'll be filleting fish til the cows come home! :blink:
Posted Image

#12 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 05:18 PM

Sounds like both you guys had a GREAT day, Tom & Phil! But the only problem with a good day of Crappie fishing is the following day of cleaning the buggers. Oh well, it's worth the fish fry.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#13 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 24 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

Tom,I might be headed to Tennessee this fall,around the Lebanon and Nashville area.
Any fishin' holes around there? and if so what can I catch?
Not going to be a tourist either,just seeing a friend down there.........How far are you from that area............ ;)
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users