26 replies to this topic

#16 teetee_in_WV

teetee_in_WV

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 04:49 PM

I remember Buckgobbler and I think I remember the accident too Leo. I know I will like it here. I just hope I can manage the time to interact with you guys a little better than the past couple of years.

Steve

Edited by teetee_in_WV, 04 February 2007 - 04:51 PM.

#17 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

Let me say welcome to you teetee_in_WV. Please stay and share the stories about the SOTH members. I bet they are rich and smell earthy :rofl:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#18 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:09 PM

I was a SOTH member before my accident.

Went by the handle of Buckgobbler.

You'll like it here WV

I definitely remember you at SOTH before your accident. I don't remember at which phase you entered, however. I think it was phase four. There were actually 4 different SOTH forums. We started on a basic unmoderated forum. Then, we quickly realized trolls are crazy (I remember several late nights with Dave trying to reply to a bunch of topics to get "crap posts" that couldn't be deleted to go down as low on the page as we could so, hopefully, people wouldn't see them. :rolleyes: :lol: ) and ended up going to a slick InfoPop forum. Then we moved things over to HuntingNet.com for a little while. But, that was too crowded. So, finally, we moved back to the InfoPop forum to bring our "Four Phases of SOTH" tour to an end. (As we ended up moving on to Bushnell Outdoors... The rest is history.)

The folks I remember for sure from phase one are mostly folks who are no longer with us. "Lee", "Bear" and "John316" were originals. ("John316" was actually the first registered member!) Couldn't tell you the last time I saw any of those names though. I also remember "Firemanup", who hasn't been sighted anywhere in years. (Heck, I also remember this guy by the name of "Dave Watson". :lol: ) Oh well. I'm boring everyone with my little trip down memory lane, I'm sure. Anyone else around here a "phase one" SOTH member I'm forgetting?

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#19 teetee_in_WV

teetee_in_WV

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:52 PM

What about Turtle JR? Do you ever hear from him? You two guys were the first that I talked to. John3:16 was a great guy too. IllBow was another. Had some good conversations with those guys.

#20 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

I joined when it was called "Bushnell Secrets of the Hunt". Don't remember the year for sure 2000, 2001? I remember Dave Watson sitting in the tree stand with laptop on his show and that is what led me here! I was Woody then and guess what, still am eh! Hey Norm, couldn't have said it better myself. Friends, family yes both! I remember buck59! (now RobertR). Patsy and I have been fortunate to have met 30 some odd members in person and made some great friends, some for life. We plan on meeting a bunch more in our travels when we retire this year.
:D :clap:
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#21 teetee_in_WV

teetee_in_WV

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

Be sure to check out our beautiful state Woody. You will not be disappointed.

Steve

#22 Woody

Woody

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

We sure do want to see more of West Virginia, drove through part of it this last fall on our way to Maryland, sure is beautiful! If I have time will look you up when I am there eh! :)
Posted Image
Woody, and the Queen
Woody's Knives and Leather

#23 teetee_in_WV

teetee_in_WV

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:47 PM

When you start planning your trip Woody, let me know and I will reccommend some places to see, such as Seneca Rock, Smoke Hole Cavarns, the Greenbrier River Trail. A lot of beautiful country.

Steve

#24 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:49 PM

I've got a daughter and son-in-law stationed at Sugar Grove W.V. Anywhere close to there Teetee?

#25 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:55 PM

What about Turtle JR? Do you ever hear from him? You two guys were the first that I talked to. John3:16 was a great guy too. IllBow was another. Had some good conversations with those guys.

The last I heard from Turtle(Doug) was probably 3 or so years ago. He had his knee/hip replacements done and could walk again. Unfortunately, things were starting to bother him in his shoulders. So, he was worried about how much longer he could shoot a bow. Then I'm not sure if it was him or me, but we just sort of lost touch.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#26 teetee_in_WV

teetee_in_WV

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 08:57 PM

Spirithawk, what is that close too? I have never heard of it and just looked in my Walmart atlas and can't find it. What county is it in?
If I am not close to it I may still know where it is and have been close to it.

Steve

#27 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:33 AM

welcome to the site steve (teetee)...yeppers i do remember you bud...it's been a long time but looking forward to your pic's and hunting adventures....is'nt it great to be home again...i to was on the bushnell site as deerd5, tomd/5, then tomscheland/d5 now i'm just tomscheland :lol: :lol: :lol: , i think it was in 2000 when i joined up... i to lost track of turtle about 2 years ago....
D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users