#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 07:32 AM

Well Jer,

All my new goodies are here and I've put everything together, but I have one problem. I have one Easton 9" side rod, but no V-bar or matching 9" side rod or weights for the side rods. The weights and V-bar I can get at Lancaster, but they only offer the side rods in black, mine has the silver end. I know, I know, it won't matter how they perform, but it'll look funny and I don't want the other kids to make fun of me. I've searched E-bay and AT - no luck.

You wouldn't happen to have an extra matching 9" side bar would you? Or, maybe trade my 9" for a couple matching all black (plus some green of course)?

By the way, those extra rods that were thrown in - have no clue what they are. They do not match anything else I have. :rolleyes:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:38 AM

Post some pics, bro. I'm lost. :lol:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 10:57 AM

Here's my stabilizer:

Posted Image

And here's my side rod:

Posted Image
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 February 2007 - 11:14 AM

Here's my stabilizer:

Posted Image

And here's my side rod:

Posted Image

Oookaaayyy... :idea:

Those are older models. They no longer make the silver caps that I'm aware of. (They still work the same. Likely why dude was selling them... Might never find a match unless it's on eBay again.) I'd call/mail/e-mail Easton and see if they maybe have some old backstock or something.

What about these other mystery rods? :hmm:

If you're only going to run one rod, I'd just get an offset bar. If you do go the Vbar route, you may want to consider spending a little more money and getting one with adjustable angles. (The Easton comes in fixed straight back of fixed 17 degree downward angle models. Works, but not much tweaking for balance to be had there.)

sig_admin.png

#5 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:00 PM

Those other rods are thin, they're at home - have to take a pic tonight.

Gonna show my ignorance here, but then that's never stopped me before, are the thread sizes all standard on V-bars and stabs/side rods? Wasn't aware I could use any V-bar for Easton stabs. Who makes the adjustable V-bar - that definitely sounds like the way to go.

I hung the bow from the top wheel like you told me with the front stab on and it's pretty balanced side to side, just need a little back weight to bring that front back up and thought I'd use the rear mount threads back of the riser to attach the V-bar and some down angle on side rods to tune the front to back balance - adjustable V-bar would really be nice.

#6 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:15 PM

How about this V-Bar:

Posted Image

#7 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

...Gonna show my ignorance here, but then that's never stopped me before, are the thread sizes all standard on V-bars and stabs/side rods? Wasn't aware I could use any V-bar for Easton stabs. Who makes the adjustable V-bar - that definitely sounds like the way to go...

Generally, all base studs on stabs & Vbars are 5/16"-24 thread. However, the cap weight systems vary. The A/C/E VRS system (what you bought) utilizes 1/4"-20 weights. Several others are also 1/4"-20 such as Doinker, Shibayu and Cartel. Others such as Shrewd, Vibracheck and the Easton Black Max line all use 5/16"-24 threads for their weight caps, however. Just beware... Always ask when in doubt. :)

sig_admin.png

#8 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:37 PM

How about this V-Bar:

Posted Image

That'll do it. :)

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users