20 Rules for entering Montana
Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:41 AM
1. Pull up your droopy pants. You look like an idiot.
2. Let's get this straight; it's called a "gravel road". I drive a
pickup truck because I need to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going
to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.
3. They are horses, cattle, saw mills & oil wells. That's what they
smell like to you. They smell like jobs to us. Get over it. Don't
like it? I-90 and I-94 go East and West, I-15 goes North and South. Pick
4. So you have a $60,000 dollar car. We're impressed. We have
quarter-million dollar, air conditioned tractors that we drive 3 weeks a
5. So every person, in every pickup truck, waves. It's called being
friendly, try to understand the concept.
6. If that cell phone rings while a flock of geese is coming in, we
will shoot the phone out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up
to your ear.
7. Yeah, we eat walleye & rainbow trout. You really want sushi &
caviar? It's available at the corner bait shop.
8. The "Opener" refers to the first day of deer season. It's a
religious holiday, held the closest Sunday to the first of November.
9. In Montana, it is not trendy and is considered very, very unsafe
to criticize the USA . God bless John Wayne, Elvis Presley, Audie Murphy,
Cary Grant, Charlton Heston, and Jimmy Stewart but the rest of Hollywood is
not welcome here.
10. No, there is not a "vegetarian special" on the menu. Order
steak or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham &
11. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats,
POTATOS, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and Alpine Touch.
12. You bring "coke" into my house, it better be brown, wet, &
served over ice. You bring " Mary Jane" into my house, she better be cute,
know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.
13. High School Football is as important here, as the Vikings and
the Seattle Seahawks--And more fun to watch.
14. Colleges? Try Montana State or the University of Montana.
They come out of there with an education--Plus a love for God and country.
15. We have a higher percentage of folks in the Navy, Army, Marines, & Air
Force than any other state, so "Don't Mess with Montana ." If you do, you will
get your a** kicked.
16 . Many of us are loggers, mill workers, ranchers & miners. For
well over a century, we have helped supply beef for your tables, metals for
cars, coal for electricity, wood for your homes & paper to wipe your sissy
a**es. Don't come here and tell us to stop working so you can re-make the
whole State into your own no-hunting park.
17. Remember, you came here because Montana is different. It will be kept
that way. We don't need or want more shopping malls, housing developments or
18. Don't try to use your imported money to re-make Montana into the image
of where you just left. If you feel this need, go back home. And yes we do
hate you for buying up all of our lake-front properties.
19. Above all, if you are a lawyer or anti-gun nut, just stay away.
We are very aware of the fact that attorneys have created a major industry,
out of lawsuits & babying criminals with guns. We are hunters and
responsible gun lovers.
20. P.S.--Grizzlies are eagerly encouraged to eat out-of-staters.
Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:57 PM
Posted 09 February 2007 - 06:11 AM
Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..
Posted 12 February 2007 - 08:27 AM
If you're driving down the road and see a pirate wearing a skirt and bunny ears hitchiking, YOU ARE NOT IN SAN FRANSISCO!!! It's only one of our moderators who just ran out of gas. It's safe to pick him and give him a ride. (as long as you're not a female chef) :lol:
Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:45 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users