9 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 01:45 PM

has anyone seen the add for the over and under muzzys when I get the website out of the magazine tonight I will post it looks kinda neat but depends on how your states laws are written here in Ohio we wouldnt be able to use them because it says a single shot per barrel and later mentions single barrel when I called the dnr thats what they said that we cant use them for that reason so I may get one for fun (price dependant) but wouldnt have a practical use
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 02:49 PM

I had thought about gettin one for a fast follow up shot, but here in arizona its must me a single barrel loaded from the front with black powder or snythic blackpowder,

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:34 PM

well guys here it is http://www.traditionsfirearms.com/eshop/10...uctCode=REX-100 but I dont think Ill be getting one LOL just a bit outa my price about twice what my bank will let me LOL
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:24 PM

I have no desire for a double barrel muzzleloader unless it was a shotgun and I liked to bird hunt. Both of them barrels will not shoot to the same place, so there is always some counter guessing to keep in mind with them. I guess I would rather concentrate with the one and only shot and make that count.. Just my opinion of course.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:18 PM

Not legal here in PA either for hunting. Besides I am not very partial to CVA, Traditions, New Frontier, Winchester or Remington. Those muzzleloaders are all made at the same place in Spain. There are valid questions as to the proofing of the barrels in these rifles. As long as an owner keeps their loads 90 gr or under they should be alright but many shooters exceed those loads.

I own a traditions and have had the most trouble with it of any muzzleloader I own.

As for the double barrel, I only own one gun that I can't hunt with and it was inherited.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 04:48 PM

Is it illegal to hunt with period in PA. Or does it just not qualify for the special muzzleloader season?

Heck might be fun to hunt with during gun season :)

There is one thing I would be concerned about with this weapon though. Even though it does have the initial NEATO! factor. :lol: Double rifles are expensive because the barrels has to be "tuned" to impact near each other. This gun is cheap by comparison to what a good double rifle costs. That means the weapon needs to be test fired a bunch. Usually they are "tuned" to a specific load. It appears this gun has an adjustment for that. So I'm assuming this fine tuning is up to you. Fine doubles get their barrels permanently fixed that way for a specific load.
Posted Image

#7 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:10 PM

Leo The double rifle would probably be legal for use during the modern firearms season but not during the early or flintlock muzzleloader season.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:48 PM

A freind of my son's has a double barrel percussion .45. Can't recall the maker but have to admit that it's a very well made and beautiful rifle. I'd like to own it for those reasons. I'd have to shoot it to verify it's accuracy with both barrels before I'd hunt with it though. Here's what Missouri regs say;
Muzzleloader Portion of Firearms Season
Methods
* a muzzleloading or cap-and-ball firearm .40 caliber or larger and capable of firing only a single projectile at one discharge; in-lines and scopes are allowed
* multiple-barreled muzzleloading or cap-and-ball firearms and/or muzzleloading or cap-and-ball handguns, including revolvers, .40 caliber or larger are allowed and may be carried in addition to a muzzleloading or cap-and-ball rifle

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 February 2007 - 06:19 PM.

#9 Ironranger

Ironranger

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:50 PM

I doubt if you'd find too many if any states where it would be legal to use. Make the first shot count...

#10 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:32 PM

What's cool about the one Jason's freind has is that it, being swivel barrels, has individual sights for each barrel which takes care of the problem if they don't hit the same. Still I am old school in the One shot One kill category and hunt with a T/C Encore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users