iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

I would have passed... B)
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#17 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:42 AM

Howard Hill did shots like that with a wood longbow and no sights. Of course he was a true expert with his equipment. He hunted with bows pulling well over 100 lbs.

There used to be contests called flight shooting that you would shoot at a target painted on the ground and a bullseye marker sticking up in the air. As I recall the distance was 120 yds or so. I saw guys with sights mounted below the handle shoot that competition. Some were actually pretty good at it too. It was akin to rifle shooters shooting at 1000 yds targets.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#18 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:47 PM

:o Huck?...

That's it? :mellow:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#19 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

LOL @JJ.....

I would have tried for a closer shot. 103 yards? Where's the sport? Sure, we can all shoot that far-some with skill while others will depend more on luck. IMO. if you're shooting those distances you might as well pull out the rifle. I've seen those Arizona Mulies. They are hard to get on...but...that's half the fun.

I try to keep my shots under forty yards- that doesn't always happen. I've pulled off shots out to 60, but everything about those shots were perfect (e.g. no wind, no brush, the animal was standing still...)

That buck was tending does. It would have been easy to wait and move in when he had his guard down. I think Pete just wanted to shoot his new X Force (still question the distance). I do not believe he was hunting...JMO
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#20 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:29 PM

MENOMENON!!! :yahoo:
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users