3 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

Shrewd has these side rods and V-Bar setup that run straight back. They look cool, but do they provide the side-to-side stabilization of outward protruding rods? It would appear to me (Physics Wise) to get the same leverage from center, a great deal more weight must be added for the same effect, true? Now, I can see them working quite nicely to balance front-to-back with less weight, but the side-to-side looks questionable.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I have an opportunity to buy a set, V-Bar weights and all, for a fair price if they work.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 11:57 AM

Posted Image

Looks like this.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#3 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:32 PM

Remember when I said you would end up spending lots of money for the sake of experimentation? :lol:

It's all about finding what works on your bow for your shooting style. Naturally, there some "constants" and you can eliminate some items, as you have, just thinking logically. You're bow is a C3... They tend to be top heavy. As a result, I would think there are better choices for your bow as your analysis is pretty spot on. This is, of course, unless you want to add more weight to the bow. (Some folks do!)

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#4 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 01:43 PM

Thought so. Thanks Jer.

Just the other night I was telling Marilyn that a bargain on a shirt that you never wear is not a bargain. She took it back. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users