18 replies to this topic

#16 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:33 PM

I borrowed a CVA flintlock a bunch of years ago and after even replacing parts I just could not get it to go off.

:( I was the one to use this gun when I was a kid and I will never forget how PA and I finally got that hunk of junk to go off. We were standing just off the back portch and he said just hold it like your going to shoot it. I did and he held a match up to the flash hole and BOOM. We cleaned it up and gave it back to my cousin and said what a piece of $%!^. :lol:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#17 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:24 PM

I might add too that please do not do the match to the flash pan trick at home. It is only for professionals. Man the pressure coming out of the flash hole blew the match right out of my hand and darn near blew my fingers off too. If I had to do that again the match will be held by pliers.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#18 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 06:41 PM

I built a flintlock .45 cal Kentucy pistol years ago. Took it out to a range to shoot it, and though it sparked fine at home, I couldn't get it to spark on the range at all. Finally found that the frizzen was too soft and the flint was actually cutting into it. Took a lit cigarret and stuck it on the end of a long stick, had my buddy hold and aim the pistol down range and I touched that cigarret to the powder in the flash pan. Pistol went off fine and the blow back from the flash hole peeled the paper on that cigarret like a bannana. :lol: All the tobacco fluttered to the ground. Was pretty cool. :yes: Guess us Missouri boys are a bit more creative and careful. ;) Bare hand and a match? :blink: :no: Gee Paul, you must have been young back then! ;) :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Cayugad, glad they did good by you and you got your rifle fixed. Good to hear they back their products. I'm still a dyed in the wool T/C fan though. Always have been, guess I always will be though Knight is running a close second.

Edited by Spirithawk, 17 March 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#19 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:07 PM

That is a bummer

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic