Photo

Tim Hardaway

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think Tim Hardaway should be punished for his non-PC comments regarding Gays? (23 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Tim Hardaway should be punished for his non-PC comments regarding Gays?

1. Yes (2 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

2. No (18 votes [90.00%])

Percentage of vote: 90.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#16 Chrud

Chrud

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 514 posts
  • Interests:Outdoors, racing and sports.

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:08 PM

Not the same to me; g@y is a choice and race is not.

My thoughts exactly. Gays are not a race, they have made that choice. What if Hardaway would have said he hated cross dressers or transvesites? I highly doubt the media would have been all over those comments. In my opinion, those folks are no different than gays, they made a choice to be that way.

News reporters and the media have to quit treating gays like they are a race.

#17 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:48 PM

He's a basketball player, not the U.S. ambassador to China. Who cares if the guy hates gays, his opinion. True, he is a role model to kids. But is he a worse role model than kobe bryant, who says it is ok to cheat on your wife, or some tv show that shoves homosexuality down your throat and says to our kids that it is ok and acceptable to be ######. I personally would not want my child having a role model that condoned any of the above behavior. I have an idea, get your kids different role models. I reccomend Ted Nugent.....he rocks, he hunts, and he never bites his tongue. Just how I would want my child to grow up.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#18 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 18 February 2007 - 04:07 PM

Alright, i gotta jump on my soapbox now, being g@y is a choice as has been expressed here, they come out make a big fuss EVERY time something comes out that is anti-g@y, such as a research experiment that is being done in i believe Ireland on g@y sheep, scientists found that certain medications can alter the wiring in the g@y sheeps brains and make them chase members of the opposite gender... next thing you know, GLAAD is out waving their rainbow flags, protesting saying the sheep have a right to be g@y if they wanna be... uhhh they're animals, what do they know? I think hormone therapy is in order for these folks, take the guys out with a 6-pack of beer, a shot gun, and get them to hunt a little, that should boost the ol' testosterone levels, and for the gals, take them to Victoria's Secret and let them pick out something slinky and hot, and take them to a college kegger.... they'll change their ways ;) if not send them all to an island somewhere far far away...
Semper Fi

#19 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 05:35 PM

Terry,
you mentioned the rainbow flags the g@y community uses to identify with....this is heart wrenching to many.
After the earth was destroyed by the flood of Noah's lifetime, God placed the rainbow in the sky as a sign of His promise never to destroy the earth by water again.
Now it's used as a sign celebrating a lifestyle God disapproves of. :(
Posted Image

#20 Whip

Whip

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts
  • Interests:Long walks in the woods carrying heavy equpment in poor weather. I live to hunt...other than that I am a full-time PhD student in entomology.

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:23 PM

Being a wildlife biologist, with a fair amount experience in the field of evolutionary biology, there are explanations for homosexuality as seen in the animal kingdom. Mainly seen in second/third born males of a species in order to eliminate kin competition for a mate. Humans, although animals, have higher brain function and are ruled by feelings and emotions which leads to poor decisions in terms of natural and sexual selection. There are scientific explanations for homosexuality in humans....but it has more to do with choice, hormone dependancy, and the nature vs nurture debate. It is highly unlikely during the evolutionary process that any part of homosexuality as seen in humans is the result of genetics and I am unaware of any peer-reviewed scientific journals that indicate that this is the case.
Sean Whipple
PSE staff
It's not a passion, it's an obsession. ~Mossy Oak

#21 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 18 February 2007 - 09:56 PM

Hardaway actually called himself a homophobe which is defined as one who fears and/or hates homosexuals. I would have thought in todays society someone would have surely suggested he needs some sort of rehab to overcome what is a viewed as a "real mental illness". But, no, he's thrown to the wolves. I wonder if he had said, "I find the lifestyle of homosexuals to be appalling." would he have still been fired? (I bet yes!)

I can not condone anyone saying they "hate" another person. It's all been said already, hate the sin not the sinner. (Don't hate the player hate the game, if you will. :lol: ) But, this was a knee-jerk reaction all around if ever I've seen one.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#22 tomscheland

tomscheland

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,211 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 11:27 PM

God says it is ok to hate the sin but to love the sinner.

amen paul... i lost my college degree in scocial work for this very reason...my professor ask the question what is your opinion about Gays or homosexuality.... no one answered, finially i answered that i did not like it no saying i hated the person that practiced this but that i didn't like the act.......well this brought on a 2 hour lecture and i was ask to drop out of the class....well a week later i was taken out ...i went to the dean and he said there was nothing he could do ...i ask if i could take my cources under anothr professor and he said it wouldn't matter because i had already lost my credits and even if i went to another college i'd never be able to pass the course....so i changed my major .....to my and this is only my opinion...that someone like that has more right than someone thats... (if this term is correct) streight....but as it has been stated to hate the sin but not the sinner ...pray for them....

Edited by tomscheland, 18 February 2007 - 11:50 PM.

D.H.N.A.
N.R.A.

#23 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 19 February 2007 - 06:10 AM

Sheep Story

Here is a link to the story about the g@y sheep i was talking about... kinda figures that PETA would jump on the bashing band-wagon...
Semper Fi

#24 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 07:30 AM

I think Tim was just being honest ...

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#25 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 08:41 AM

Companies have the right to fire people they hire.

American citizens have the right to their own opinion, even if it's unpopular.

Homosexuality is a choice.

I find that particular choice disgusting and morally wrong (same as telling lies, cheating on income taxes, cheating on a spouse,...). As American citizens, even though I believe homosexuality to be morally wrong, those who choose to be g@y have the same rights as other citizens. I do not believe they are entitled to special rights or privileges, just the same rights as everyone else. If the laws are changed to be more in line with what I believe to be morally right then those who choose that path have lost those rights. The same can be said for sexual predators, child molestors, those who mistreat animals, etc. Sexual predators and child molestors lose their rights to privacy for the rest of their lives - they must be registered and their residence is posted on the internet.

Those who say you can not legistlate morality are wrong. All law has it's base in the common morality. If a society believes it is wrong to take something that belongs to someone else, that person is labeled a thief and prosecuted according to the laws regarding personal property. Kentucky, like other states, repealed their sodomy law over 10 years ago. Why? Was it to protect children who were sodomized? No, that was the original intent of the law. g@y rights activists successfully lobbied to repeal the law and thus legalizing the act of homosexuality in Kentucky. Now, those who chose to engage in g@y acts are legal. Children who are sodomized are out of luck. Their attackers may be prosecuted for child molestation, but the charge of sodomy can not be added and the resulting penalty can not be tacked on.

Off my soapbox now.

Didn't realize g@y was a curse word.

Edited by Hatchet Jack, 19 February 2007 - 08:44 AM.

"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#26 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 19 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

Didn't realize g@y was a curse word.

Try using "gaze" instead! :lol: :rofl:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users