31 replies to this topic

#16 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 April 2005 - 05:57 AM

No doubt. 8 footers put out even more light, seem to last longer and are way easier to change.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#17 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 10 April 2005 - 03:50 PM

chances are, I'll be putting track lighting up there.

bit more expensive, but where my desk is located at work its all 8 ft's
and I can't stand florescent lights.

drives my eyes nuts.

The reloading area will be away from the other stuff. gun powder and sparks from the bench grinder don't make a good combination.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#18 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:48 AM

:huh: :huh: Been rolling my own for more than 40 years. I thought that everybody did. :huh:

#19 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 30 March 2006 - 11:49 AM

chances are, I'll be putting track lighting up there.

bit more expensive, but where my desk is located at work its all 8 ft's
and I can't stand florescent lights.

drives my eyes nuts.

The reloading area will be away from the other stuff. gun powder and sparks from the bench grinder don't make a good combination.

The lighting would definately be better!!! :lol:

#20 FrankSr

FrankSr

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 05:44 PM

.41 mag, .223 Rem, 30-06 and lastly .357 mag . I just like loading it soothes the nerves. Oh and I load my shotshells too. 12 and 20 ga.

#21 Fred

Fred

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • Interests:Trucks and driving goat trails, Hunting, Fishing. Prospecting/gold panning

Posted 04 April 2006 - 01:06 AM

I can't count or keep track of all of the calibers I have done over the past 25 years. Easier with the shotgun, only do 12 ga. :D Fred
Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

#22 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:01 AM

Back home in Montana I reloaded all the time with my brothers..........I miss it and will be starting to reload again,the ammo prices are getting nuts again................... :o :rolleyes:
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#23 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:17 PM

Foss I know what you mean. Eric and I have to reload for most of our shooting as the calibers we like to shoot most often are wildcats. 219 Donaldson Wasp, custom 7mm Magnum ( made in the 50s) and even a 25 souper. Yes Souper. None of these cartridges were ever commercially available so if we want to shoot em we gotta load em first.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#24 MN BP HUNTER

MN BP HUNTER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 May 2006 - 04:21 PM

I HAVE BEEN RELOADING SINCE I HAVE BEEN OLD ENOUGH TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I WAS DOING MY DAD WAS A TRAP SHOOTER . THE REASON A GUN WOULD BLOW UP WOULD BE THE GUN WAS AN AUTO THEY CAN NOT TAKE THE
PRESSURE THAT THE OVER UNDER'S OR PUMPS CAN TAKE THE SAME AS RIFLE
SHELLS YOU RELOAD TO THE GUN NOT TO WHAT THE BOOK SAYS THE BOOK IS
ONLY A STARTING POINT GO LOW AND MOVE UP FROM THERE .
I ' VE SAVED A LOT ON SHOT SHELLS & RIFLE SHELLS ITS NICE TO HAVE
AMMO AROUND WHEN YOU NEED IT NOT GOING TO THE HIGH BUCK STORE
FOR WHAT EVER SHELLS I ENJOY IT :yes:

#25 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 08:26 AM

I reload for all my rifles and handguns and buy what few shotgun shells that I shoot.
MR300WM

#26 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 01:08 PM

Geesh how did I miss this thread. I have been reloading ever since I bought my first rifle, which was a Remington model 788 in .308 Cal. I did at one time have two presses one for rifle and one for shotgun. I loaded a lot of shotshel in my day too. At one time I did some trap and skeet shooting and I found that reloading saved me a lot of money. Most common problems with shotshell reloading is most people do not set the crimping stage to correct depth. This is the stage where the shotshell is pressed down onto the BB's or Shot. You can safely reload a shotshell about 3 to 5 times before you have to worry much about them. Its just like everything else you must inspect the casing before you reload. If it don't look right don' reload it. I have more dies for rifles then I do the calibers. I have done some reloading for friends but they have to be a good friend, (if one knows what I mean). In all the years of reloading I personally have had only one shell no fire, and it was my fault. Good thing it happened to me on the firing range. Chambered a 7mm mag round squeezed the trigger and nothing, re-chambered it and nothing again. Took it out of the gun gave the shell a little shake and could not hear the powder. When I got home I pulled the bullet to find NO POWDER. Now that would have been nice if I would have been hunting and had a trophy walk out and nothing. But for me I love to reload just to see how accurate I can make the gun, it is relaxing and you get a good feeling when you get a gun to shoot its best.

MD

#27 Joe

Joe

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 14 October 2006 - 09:32 AM

Lets see over the years I have loaded for "not all my weapons" 9mm, 38sp, 357, 44mag, 45acp, 45colt, 454casull, 220swift, 264mag, 270, 30-06, 300WM, 300RUM, 338WM, 12gauge bird loads. YEAH I like to load my own.
MR300WM

#28 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 02:15 PM

Paul, hope you get some use out of that book I gave you. It was all Greek to me. :lol:

#29 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:00 PM

Hey thanks I have read some of it where it talked about a caliber I have or reload for. Good stuff.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#30 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 October 2006 - 07:17 PM

You're quite welcome bud. Glad to see it get some use. It's too good a book to go to waste.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users