Dusted off the bow

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 18 February 2007 - 10:10 AM

Well all i brought the bow out this morning, need to make a few tuning/sight adjustments but overall my form and all felt really good. I'm shooting a little hot at 10yds, and about 5 inches right at 20, that's as far as i got, little bit chilly out there to be shooting t-shirt and jeans, but i was holding rock steady, and keeping great form, ready for next month's shoot, hopefully i'll be sighted in, and ready to go by then, just need a good 60 degree day to get sighted in good, or i'll hit Gander's indoor range for my 10,20 and 30yd pins, and to get a little practice with my backtension, i think i may use it this year in lieu of my trigger release, if i can get it set to MY specific shooting style... but time will tell
Semper Fi

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 12:35 PM

Good Luck Terry

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 02:57 PM

That's great Terry!

Have fun. I have a new back tension release, but haven't even shot it yet.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:28 PM

Good luck to you Terry. If you can get the right shiver in there, you have got it made. ;)

#5 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 18 February 2007 - 03:40 PM

JJ they're a lil tricky to fire, but it's definately an experience in "suprise firing" LOL i'm gonna dust mine off soon, then tinker with the settings i've got it set a little too heavy i guess is the term i need to set it a little more touchy, but i got time, might have to go to the proshop and put a Matthews on layaway LOL but it's gonna take time to pay that one off LOL after i get my refund if there's enough left after paying of my creditcard, i might just have to put what's left on it ;) time will tell though...

RG yup, it's just getting it touchy enough to suprise fire on me, without it firing before i'm at full draw...

Fatty thanks, i think i need it LOL
Semper Fi

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 06:47 PM

Now Terry I'll bet the ice hasen't melted off the cams of your bow since Elkatraz. No wonder it is shooting off at 20 yds. Remember you did say that you fell a couple of times and would need to retune your bow.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 18 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

Paul, re-tuned, and re-sighted after i got back, but that was with broadheads, tend to be a slight difference from field points... no biggie, just gotta get out and take care of it LOL the broadheads shot fine after a quick eyeball tune after getting home, but still need to fine tune the fieldpoints
Semper Fi

#8 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 10:17 AM

Hard to leave that bow alone ain't it. Best of luck with your tourneyments.

might have to go to the proshop and put a Matthews on layaway LOL

Terry give the new Matthew's Adrenalin a try. I was real impressed by how smooth it felt and quiet. Fast enough for me as well.

A back tension release I might recommend is the True fire 3D Hunter. To me it's not a true back tension release but a nice cross over from a trigger type. And it's easier to pull back than a wrist trigger type.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 19 February 2007 - 02:42 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#9 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 12:32 PM

Rowdy i've got a tru-fire release can't remember the exact name, but it's orange and black kindof a flame pattern and a 4-finger true back tension release, shooting with it cleared up my shooting right with my bow at 20.... now i just gotta figure out my vertical.... ahh well just an excuse to shoot more LOL

Edited by TerryfromAR, 19 February 2007 - 12:32 PM.

Semper Fi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users