67 replies to this topic

#46 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:30 AM

Silvertip-co that's very cool and glad you shared that forum with us. Pretty neat if Uncle Ted can pull it off :yes: And if anyone can I would bet he could. B)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#47 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:58 AM

As I said I would not use the .222 or .223 for deer even though PA law allows both. It is not the rifle or even the caliber it is the bullet. The vast majority of 22 cal bullet makers assume the normal weight bullet (up to 60 gr) are going to be varmint bullets and construct the jacket accordingly. To get a bullet with a heavy enough jacket you have to go over 60 gr. This presents a real problem as the rate of twist that stabilizes the lighter is too slow for the heavier bullets to shoot accurately. Unless one has a barrel for varmints and one for deer accuracy suffers. This is actually true in any caliber. No one rifle shoots all the bullets offered with equal accuracy.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#48 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:19 AM

Anyone else see the "Colbert Report" the other night? (It's a political satire show. The host is as left wing as could be. But, he pretends to be a conservative news anchor spoofing Fox News etc.) Anyway, Zumbo's blunder was the headline story! :doh2:

At this point, it is pretty clear to me that his comeback would be bigger than the Dixie Chicks going from hiding in a closet last year to winning 5 grammy awards (or whatever it was) this year. Of course, the Chicks have a very forgetful/ignorant/growing American attitude that lines up with their original stance against the war. I doubt Zumbo would be fortunate enough to have such a "climate shift" in his favor if he lived to be 100. :no:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#49 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:38 AM

After visiting a number of boards where this is a hot topic, I've come to the conclusion its an "all or nothing" deal. Either you are for all forms of guns or you are some stripe of anti-gun. I suppose the same for hunting- all forms of hunting or some form of anti-hunting. I think Zumbo paid a heavy price for his choice of words rather than the context of his blog. And I find it amazing how when someone jumps up and says something we agree with, we all use "freedom of speech" as a defense, but when something is said that we disagree with, well, thats different. I will be surprised if we see Zumbo in any meaningful way again. Too bad how quickly we devour one of our own.

#50 huntfromthesoul

huntfromthesoul

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 10:39 AM

I'd take the Dixie Chicks over Zumbo and I don't even like modern country.
I choose to live simple so those who can't can simply live

#51 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 02:10 PM

Here is a post from Zumbo himself. The Nuge is upgrading him.

The Upgraded Zumbo

#52 TerryfromAR

TerryfromAR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,608 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing, spending time with my kids and wife, anything that gets me out of the house especially pertaining to my outdoor persuits. computers, technology, movies,

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:37 PM

Muledeer Great read i think the hunting/fishing/shooting community need to welcome him back with open arms after reading that.. yes, he made a mistake, but who hasn't? I think we need every ally we can get in the battle against the anti's
Semper Fi

#53 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 04:55 PM

Muledeer thanks for posting that forum meesage from Mr. Z. - Uncle Ted has a job to do there for sure but like Silvertip said if anyone can turn this into something positive the Nuge will.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#54 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 01 March 2007 - 06:24 PM

Here is a post from Zumbo himself. The Nuge is upgrading him.

The Upgraded Zumbo

46 Pages... No chance I'm reading all of that. What I saw in the first 3 didn't look good.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#55 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 08:53 PM

Jer look again it's up to 52 pages, that and I did read some and all it looks like to me is a bunch of bashing. Not for me.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#56 Monk

Monk

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:31 PM

With his lifelong record and what I feel is a sincere apology, his retirement could have been done with more dignity and in an appropriate time manner.
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt

#57 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:48 PM

Forgiving the man is one thing and just like us he deserves it. But it would be ok with me if he just faded away from hunting.

Jim isn't the person he was 15 years ago. We all change, our opinions change and point of view change. Jim's time has passed, it's time to move on.

#58 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 11:34 PM

I motion Muledeer takes his place... :D
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

#59 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 08:26 AM

Pickle Bunny Safaris

Or

Pirate Princess Deep Sea Fishing Adventures with Captain Jack

I like that Huck! Maybe we could sign a deal with the LOGO channel :o

Edited by Larry $, 02 March 2007 - 08:27 AM.

Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#60 iamyourhuckleberry

iamyourhuckleberry

Can Charge Rent

• Authors
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

Jack,

Heads up buddy... I do not want you to make Jim's same mistake.

Do not title any of your new books:

"Women can't hunt"

"Montana is for sissys" and "How'd that sheep get stuck in the fence anyway?"

"Walk tall, but don't carry a big AR"

"Shooting em after the third lap around the pen"

"Sitting in a tree is neither fair or a chase"

"My way or the highway"...

Help me here Guys! :yes:
Posted Image

Lurking in McDonalds near you!

Confidence makes the hunter, PSE makes the bow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users