4 replies to this topic

#1 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 09:19 AM

Went to the eye doctor yesterday for my exam/upgrade and told the doctor I was looking for better vision than I've been getting. She recommended the Bausch & Lomb PureVision contact lenses, "...great lens for those desiring exceptional visual quality, those demanding better low-illumination vision, and those relying on lenses for full-time correction." Sound familiar?

Exceptional visual quality day and night is achieved through next-generation sphyerical aberration correction utillizing a unique anterior aspheric optic. This lense reduces lens-induced spherical aberration AND corrects naturally occurring spherical aberration. The result is supposed to be noticably better vision - especially distance and low light vision.

Spherical aberration affects 90% of the population, including those with 20/20 vision! Didn't know that.

If all this is true and not just marketing hype, I'll be enjoying much improved vision for hunting and 3d, not to mention night time driving.

By the way, little tip: If you tell them you work on computers a great deal and work under fluorescent lighting they will "detune" your perscription to avoid headaches. That's great, but your distance and night vision will suffer. Most wouldn't notice, but hunters and competition archers WILL notice. I told my doctor I was interested in the best possible distance and low light vision regardless of all other factors. I can always switch to glasses because I'm near sighted and don't need vision correction to work on anything closer than 4 feet.

Mine are on order - let you know in about a week.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#2 Hatchet Jack

Hatchet Jack

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:08 PM

Good news/Bad news

I picked up my new lenses Friday - they are AWESOME - the good news.

They dry my eyes too much to use them for very long. I think I'll keep one pair for shoots, but I'm using different lenses for every day use.
"The Lord bless and keep you. The Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you. The Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace." Num 6:24-26

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 06:59 PM

Thanks Mark. I have an eye apt soon and I will ask the Doc about them. I wear contacts now but think I could see better.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:12 PM

I'm thinking about contacts soon, but after getting so used to just waking up and throwing my glasses on in the morning I think it will take awhile for me to get used to putting them in my eyes every morning.
-Eric

#5 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:32 PM

I wore glasses and or contacts for 33 years. Last April I had PRK Surgery on both eyes and all I can say is wow. Well worth the money.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users