• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:33 AM

My son is just getting into bird hunting,he loves duck hunting,so I bought him a used "Mossberg 500" for hunting..................
I told him if he really enjoys the hunt,I'll buy him a new shotgun..
He told me that he loves to shoot,but doesn't know how to clean the birds,I said I'll teach him,but for now,he shoots them,I'll clean and cook them.
Sounds fair to me..............He thinks so too......... :yes: ;)
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

#2 rbduck

rbduck

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 04:21 PM

Good luck with your son on duck hunting. The cleaning part will come soon. My son started waterfowling 2 years ago(age13). He had always watched me clean birds when he was a lot younger and asked if he could try it himself. Now,he can clean and pluck birds better than some adults I know that have hunted birds all their lives.
A few years ago I also gave him the front quarters from a deer I had shot, gave him a knife( I was with him) and a book and let him go at it! Dang if the little bugger did a real good job on those too! Now when I go hunting without him, I had better bring something home for him to clean. Got him cooking now.

Sure is great watching the kids growing and learning new things.

Ron :D
Quail is the virgin
Duck is the mature woman
.....Iron Chef

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 01:26 AM

I haven't seriously hunted ducks since 2002 but when the flyways are hot it really is a blast.

We used to have a blind of the river and the Northern mallards where everywhere!

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 08:21 PM

Grats Fossil, sounds like some good memories ahead of you two! No better way to do it than a duck-blind. I introduced my brother to duckhunting 15 yrs ago, when he was in his early teens. We still meet in the duckblind every season to keep eachother updated on our lives, eat brkfast, watch the sunrise & hopefully wear my lab out!

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

My son and I have been thinking about trying duck hunting but we've heard that it will make you Quack Up! ;) :lol: Sorry, couldn't resist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users