9 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 04:46 PM

I have a 1860 Colt Old Army .44 Calvary Model, which means it has the extra screws in the frame, and a notch in the bottom of the grip frame that allows for a rifle stock to be attatched. Does anyone know who might still offer a replica stock for it? Navy Arms use to, but if they still do I haven't been able to find out. The stock has a brass c-clamp type attachment on the end with a large screw that tightens it to the pistols grip. Originally they were issued to Union Calvary with the 1860 Colt Old Army .44's with the 7 1/2" barrels which turned it into a repeating carbine.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:01 PM

You might want to check with Dixie Gun Works and see if they have a stock that will attach to it.

My very first black powder revolver was a 1860 model in .44 caliber. It was a good shooter until I had a chain fire and the frame got stretched. I didn't want to shoot it after that as it would spray lead all over the place when fired. Then a person bought it off me, claiming he wanted to hang it on a wall which I thought was a good idea. I later learned he took it to a gun smith and had the frame shortened. And was shooting it again. I was just glad to get rid of the thing.

I now use a New Army 1858 .44 caliber with the top steel strap and target sights. It is a great shooter ....

Good luck in your search for the stock.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 11:59 AM

I checked with Dixie. Took some looking but yep they've got nice one for $165.00. Only problem is while searching their site I ran accross two derringer kits that I use to own and have decided I've got to own at least one of them again. ;) One's called Snake Eyes and is a brass two shot (barrels and frame made from solid block of brass), single trigger with mule ear hammers. The other is a two shot swivel barrel, both in .36 caliber. Both are simply wicked and great shooters. Decissions, decissions, what ever shall I do? ;) :lol:

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:43 PM

Spirithawk .. don't you know the danger of browsing? The same thing always seems to happen to me. One day I went to a site to buy a ramrod and ended up with a new rifle and seventy five dollars worth of bullets to boot. Worst part is, I forgot to buy the ramrod.

You need to get the rifle stock. And the guns too... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

One day I went to a site to buy a ramrod and Worst part is, I forgot to buy the ramrod.

Right there sounds like something PA and I would do. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:12 PM

QUOTE (cayugad @ Feb 27 2007, 09:43 PM)
One day I went to a site to buy a ramrod and Worst part is, I forgot to buy the ramrod.

Yes, but what is really important is, "What did you buy?" ;) :lol:

#7 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (cayugad @ Feb 27 2007, 09:43 PM)

Yes, but what is really important is, "What did you buy?" ;) :lol:

Way too much stuff. But the flintlock Lyman Trade Rifle is a beauty and I discovered I really needed it to make myself happy... :lol:

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 07:22 PM

See there, you did too get a ramrod. :yes: You just also happened to get an extra rifle to go with it. Good thinking! ;) :lol:

Edited by Spirithawk, 28 February 2007 - 07:24 PM.

#9 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:29 PM

See there, you did too get a ramrod. :yes: You just also happened to get an extra rifle to go with it. Good thinking! ;) :lol:

Now if I just could just convince my wife that, maybe I could be happier. :smackhead: Well maybe not. :blink: :rofl: :rofl:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#10 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 01 March 2007 - 09:15 PM

never hurts to try..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users