• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mzlloader

mzlloader

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 628 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 03:20 PM

I want to introduce all of you to Preston and Alex Long, they are the father/son team of hunters I had booked for their Javilina hunt, Now this is not the first time they have chased the little desert Piggies (of course a Javilina is not a real pig). the first time they tried to do it them selves not Piggis to be found, The second time(last year) they hired a outfitter/guide and still no piggies to be found, This was the 3rd year in a row and now it was my turn.

Friday broke cold, its was spitting snow, rain sleet, and the wind was blowing 25 to 30 mph, it was going to be tough finding the Javis, but I had been watching 3 to 4 groups and new what they were going to do.

We got to the first spot set up and started glassing, after about an hour I found the pigs, but not where I expeted to find them no they were crossing the same road we came in on, We were on them quickly, after following them, around the hill I lost them, I got preston and alex set up and hit the Javilina call, and all heck broke loose, the pigs came out of the thick bottom about 150 yards from us, they kept coming till they were less than 50 yards, Alex proceeded to dump his pig at 40 yards, Preston well lets just say, he tried to get his, He missed 3 shots, as the pigs dissaperd over the hill, I said lets get alexs pig taken care of let these settle down get a bit to eat and try another bunch, if we cant find them we can come back in here on sat morning,

after a quick lunch we were on the way to the second spot, we arrived I set up to start glassing, the sky had cleard but the wind picked up with gust to 50 mph, I had been glassing for about 2 hours when I was going to pick and move to another spot as I was putting up the tripod I saw a little black dot, where in the heck did that come from, when I put the binos on it I found a lone boar, the stalk was on, when we got to 150 yards I was stepping around a bush to close more distance, when I spotted 2 more coming out of a litte draw 57 yards away, they came out and started to feed not even knowing we were there, Preston got set and we waited till one turned broadside, as it turned I said bust it, BOOM and she dropped where she stood.

alex and preston had just fullfilled a dream of getting there first Javalina, I was proud that I was able to help them,

Posted Image

R L
Trophy Hunting: Its not about the Size of the Trophy, But the Memories and Experince Of the Hunt That count, SCOUTS OUT,

www.arizonaoutfitter.com

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 04:21 PM

Another great success story RL, congrats! Wow I'm impressed by your hero photos - they are coming out perfect. Should make for some great pics for your portfolio of successful hunts to display on the web or for show at a show.

And thanks for sharing them with us - it was getting kind of slow around here being out of season for most of us. :lol:
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:04 PM

Good work R L. They sure look like they are having a great time.

#4 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 07:40 PM

Way Cool RL. I am so glad that your guideing service is going great. :hunter:
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#5 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 08:40 PM

Fanstic hunt and story.. thanks for sharing.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 26 February 2007 - 09:10 PM

Great Story. A person would have to be blind not to see those two great smiles. Congratulations RL you done real good.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 paturbo

paturbo

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 12:09 AM

Way to go RL. Keep up the good Work.

MD

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:43 AM

Great job RL. :thumbsup: Those smiles are priceless. :yes:

#9 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 03:06 PM

Great Job RL, your killin' me....

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#10 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

Amen to a great hunt RL! :D
Posted Image

#11 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Excellent job there. And that's why you hunt with someone that knows the area... That picture says it all.

A side question. Are those things good to eat? One person I talked to said he shot one and it was full of bugs on the outside, and did not smell real good on the inside. I just wondered since I never had the pleasure of hunting one of them things.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users