• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 10:44 AM

On Wednesday I spent all day in pursuit of doing taxes for me, bro-in-law, and my mom. Needless to say it was both frustrating and trying. I know that we could come up with 1040 reasons to have a professional do this but the cost around here is $150 for them to do it. Well I got it done and all submitted. I was plumb wore out after that marathon.

On Thursday morning the good Lord gave me a sight that I sorely needed. I was at the computer and the wife came rushing in to say there were a couple of turkeys in the cornfield behind the house. We went to look and sure enough there were two turkeys I grabbed the binos and observed one in full strut.

Since this was only the second time this winter we saw turkeys in that field I just think the good Lord sent those two just to cheer me up to a life after taxes. That sighting did just that it got the old heart a pumping but made my trigger finger quite itchy. No pics as they were just too far away.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 11:26 AM

You're not in Kanas yet ToTo.....but soon! Gobble-Gobble!
Posted Image

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

Wyoming opens April 15th in our area.

Poor birdies, they aren't gonna know what hit em :o

Fat Marty :P

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 07 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

Hey, PA, maybe the Lord figured He'd deliver dinner to you cause the powers that be left you not much after taxes. :lol: They sure are nice to see running around the yard. My brother had a flock of them that would roost in his trees and drive his little dog nuts. We need pics. :D

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 07:57 PM

Phil no we are not in Kansas yet but toto is pointed that direction. We leave for there on the Monday after Easter getting there Early Tuesday afternoon and 6 days after the start of their turkey season. My son-in-law said there will plenty left for me.

Bonecollecter go get em.

Redgreen you sure are right about not letting much. This years form only had two lines 1. How much did you make. and 2 Send it in. Lol. If the democrats regain power next year they will want your first born too. Last night the wife thought she would rub it in a little and have a couple turkey legs from the store to keep my appitite whetted.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#6 WayneBizzle

WayneBizzle

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:22 PM

Good luck in Kansas. Hope ToTo can point you in the right direction. :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users