2 replies to this topic

#1 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:21 PM

Have any of you archers heard anything of this speed demon PSE is releasing?
Apparently putting the competition to shame as far as speed is concerned. I know a gentleman who test drove one 2 days ago...at 63lbs, at 29" draw, and a Beman 400 arrow turned a whopping 339 FPS!!
I just pulled it up on the PSE sight-it sure is a pretty one!! Those cams look very radical though! The way I understand it -it is actually very mellow on hand shock!-must have something to do with those "angled" limbs?..
I think I'm going to have to wait on the Elite/Synergy bow....decisions , decisions! It seems like the new bows are "breaking" technology again! I haven't been this excited since Mathews came out with parralel limbs(was ground breaking archery technology then)! ...hmmm, decisions decisions

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3B2cmX0uOE...related&search=

X-FORCE SHOOTING VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8MlzJDcOv8

Here's another hunting video of this PSE X-Force bow. I have not shot it so I have no clue about how smooth or quiet it is. ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6LzlgNfHtQ
Shooting arrows into ballestic material with the X-Force and the Mathews Drenalin.
Watch how the limbs bend on the X-FORCE compared to the Mathews and I question how long that will hold up. :huh:

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 28 February 2007 - 03:17 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 28 February 2007 - 04:08 PM

A 6 inch brace height is very very tough for some archers to get used to. Let me put emphasis on that. Some folks simply can't deal with that short a brace height period. Such a short brace height typically makes for an incredibly torque sensitive bow. Contrary to popular belief, a drop away rest WILL NOT make the torque sensitivity go away. The arrow nock follows the plane of string travel regardless of rest style. I strongly recommend you see how you can group with this bow prior to, diving in and purchasing one. Hand shock is one thing, torque sensitivity is another thing entirely. How you group, personally, with this set-up is absolutely crucial.

Designed properly the extra limb flex difference isn't really a concern. So honestly Rowdy, I wouldn't worry about that too much. PSE credits its special abrasives manufacturing process for the limb flexibility. That's just part of it, I'm sure. Trust me, I know composites. Super elongation resins are available, plus the reinforcing materials (glass and carbon) size and quality make an enormous difference. This is composites chemistry at it's finest. PSE deserves kudos for that.

This bow achieves it's speed by maximizing power stroke, maximizing pre-load, an extremely stiff reflex riser, super aggressive large diameter dual cams and seriously pre-loading limbs designed for maximum deflection.

In all, it's a text book prototype for a super fast bow.

But IMHO shootability is gonna make or break this one.

Edited by Leo, 28 February 2007 - 04:09 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users