18 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 02 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

Just bought me an Ameristep Chair Blind at Wally World for $69.00, $10.00 cheaper than Cabelas and I don't have to pay shipping to boot. But anyways, this little one person blind is pretty slick. It measures 34" wide, 45" deep, and 36" tall when set up. it's 15" wide, 15" high and 36" long when in the pack and weighs 11.6 lbs. The chair is comfortable and has arm rests with a built in drink holder. It has two interior zippered pouches to put stuf in such as calls, ect. It takes 10 seconds to set up and just a few more to take down. Is water proof, to keep me dry and will keep the wind off and comes in Realtree Hardwoods camo . All in all I really like it. Not a bad deal for the price and I can use it all year to hunt anything I hunt. Not for archers but would work fine with a xbow which is what I use.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 04:38 AM

They looked pretty interesting for sure. I'll be interested to see how it works for ya. :)
Posted Image

#3 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 09:03 PM

I'll sure let you know bud. Hopefully with pictures! ;) :yes:

#4 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:27 AM

Spirithawk,
i'll be interested myself how it works for ya..I've had times out in the field where that setup would have come in very handy .

Edited by Dennis, 04 March 2007 - 07:28 AM.

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#5 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 12 March 2007 - 07:23 PM

Sounds good, Norm. I know that I prefer to be sitting as comfortable as possible too. :D

#6 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:49 PM

Norm
Do u have room for a shotgun in there with ya or would it be pretty tight.
Ric
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#7 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 14 March 2007 - 05:15 PM

Ric, it's perfect for turkey hunting, it's designed for that and filming, and you have plenty of room for a shotgun. Heck I intend to use it with my crossbow too. Here's what it looks like to give you all an idea.The front window is zippered and the side windows are closed with magnets and are screened.

Posted Image

Edited by Spirithawk, 14 March 2007 - 05:17 PM.

#8 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:00 AM

Norm
That looks like it will do the job alright.
Thanks Norm
Ric
PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#9 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 07:48 AM

You're most welcome bud. If you do go to get one, be sure to check with your local Wal Mart. They didn't have them here in Missouri, yet, because their turkey hunting stuff wasn't put out yet. I got mine in Arkansas because their Turkey Season is a full month ahead of ours and their stuff is already out. I say Wal Mart because it's cheaper than any where else that sells them.

#10 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:31 PM

That setup looks like it has some real merit. Turkeys do not always follow the rules and this would be mobile enough to get up and go. I have sat on my cushion for 3 - 4 hours and afterwards could barely stand up with much pain eminating from the nether parts. I may just look into one of these. Looks like they could be used for predator hunting too. So often I have had to set up in places that were less than ideal for concealment too.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#11 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

I think you'd really like one Paul. Like you, I've stood up after sitting on the ground with a cushion, and found I could barely stand let alone walk. The chair is quite comfortable having arms and a back rest. The blind is as easy to set up as simply unfolding the chair. I think it would be a real benefit to any hunter but to those that have health problems or are just feeling their age this set up is ideal. It can be used for about any hunting you can think of except regular archery and is very mobile as it just takes seconds to take down and put back in it's bag. It will work great with my crossbow too.

Edited by Spirithawk, 15 March 2007 - 03:58 PM.

#12 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 05:17 PM

I remember one of the turkeys two years ago. I sat at the base of that big tree with my little stool I bought and the cushion on top of that. What I didn't know was my legs were asleep. I shot the gobbler and tried to run up to be sure it was dead. I durn near killed myself getting there and it was deader than a door nail anyhow. With the little stool at least my tailbone didn't ache as it does if sitting on the ground. Is there room to place shooting sticks inside with you?

#13 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

Paul, I think there is. I'm going to use one with my crossbow seeing as it's as heavy as it is. Actually, come to think of it, there's room for a tripod for a camera and it's advertised as being great for those wanting to take wildlife pics or to film a hunt.

Edited by Spirithawk, 16 March 2007 - 07:17 PM.

#14 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

After checking with our local walmarts that only carry them in the fall so they said and seeing Spirithawks and sitting in his I decided to bite the bullet and on our way home we stopped at the WVA Cabelas and they had them for less than 80.00 so I got one. Saturday is PA's opener for turkeys and it is forcast to rain I may get to test it out in many ways. I do think this will be a great little one man blind capable of being set up nearly anywhere.

#15 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:48 PM

Cool bud. I sure hope it works great for ya and you score a nice bird. Let me know how you like your's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users