• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

I thought this was a pretty neat video, although it didn't test all the brands. http://www.prorelease.com/xring.aspx the vid plays in the lower left of the screen after about 30 seconds of babble

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

I likey that one. Durability was pretty cool and the broadheads I guessed would not hold up did pretty good and some I thought would hold up did not. Accuracy I saw how the majority of the broadheads seemed to fall low and left from the field point just a few fell just under the POI for the field point. None went right of POI or where the field point impacted.

How many of you would would have moved your arrow rest verses adjusting your sights to turn for the broadhead? Or would you do some of both to hit dead center out to 40 yards?

Me I like to do alittle of both, small adjustments on my rest and then the sight takes over. That's me OR my .02.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 08 March 2007 - 11:25 AM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

This certainly proves to me if you think your broadheads hit exactly the same point as your fieldpoints you're delusional. :yes:

Are some of them close enough at 35yds? For hunting of course they are.

The Montecs performed exactly as my experience would predict. They are a super durable head. If you learn how to resharpen them they really are reusable. But lets face it. You're gonna loose some heads and nothing survives a rock shot. They are worth the price IMO.

Disappointed no Rockets were tested. Those are my current favorite mechanicals. Yes they are only one shot/one animal deals but they fly great and make a BIG hole.

I'm not really surprised the Bowtech Old Glory was the launching bow for this test. IMO, the Old Glory is one of the most accurate production bows ever produced. It simply just doesn't have the following it deserves. Interestingly, Bowtech has discontinued the Old Glory and replaced it with the Commander. If that bow is worthy of that honor, I'm seriously impressed :o

Edited by Leo, 07 March 2007 - 05:10 PM.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users