3 replies to this topic

#1 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 07 April 2006 - 03:03 PM

A couple of years ago, I bought a can of the RCBS case lube in the spray can. I lay all of my brass on a towel that I requisitioned out of the closet, ( wife missed that one) :lol: I spray them lightly with the case mouths facing me,turn them half a turn and then spray again. They go through the full length or neck sizer like butter. Since then, my lube pad has been retired. I'll never use another one. No more hydraulic dimples on the shoulders due to a build up of lube in the sizer die. I clean the dies out with airbrake cleaner, a spray bomb as well. Works great. By the way, if you get something on your upholstry or clothes that won't come out, it will remove it smartly too. Then I spray the inside of the die with the case lube and we're in business. One application to the inside of the die is all that is needed.Try it. I guarantee that you will not be dissapointed with the results.

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2006 - 08:13 PM

Thanks RG I still use the sticky stuff and the pad. I gotta get some of that spray and try it. Is there anything on the case that you have to clean off using this spray like there is with the sticky case lube.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 08 April 2006 - 11:23 AM

I just wipe them down with a clean towel after I size them. Nice thing about the spray is that your hands aren't covered with a mass of lube, cause the spray dries almost instantly. Seems to remove some of the crud off the case too, an added bonus. You won't be dissapointed. I bought some of the spray bombs, and decided that I liked the bottles with the pump on them instead much better. Now, when my spray bottle is empty, I refill it with the spray bomb. Anyone want a good deal on a lube pad? :lol:

#4 RobertR

RobertR

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 312 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 12:25 PM

Red I second that motion of retiring the "PAD" I like the spray also. Not sure which is better RCBS OR THE LYMAN spray but its a vast improvement over the sticky icky case lube.
Posted Image
I'M NOT AFRAID OF COMMITMENT I'VE BEEN HUNTING AND FISHING MY WHOLE LIFE!
Montana Hunting Discovering Montana

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users