• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 01:47 PM

Well today as promised was warm, over 60 degrees nice and sunny. I was still coughing and runny nose from this cold that is hanging on but I could not stand it any longer I had to get the accusporter out and see how it shot if only for a little while. The only problem was the wind was blowing about 20 to 30 mph. I had installed a new rear sight a while back known as a vee peep. I got off three shots before the wind had me coughing and the eyes watering to a point where I was bothered till I could not shoot well enough to move the target back to the 50 yd line. I was pretty proud of the effort though at 25 yds.

Posted Image

I even got my fix for today in that I finally got to shoot. Woo hoo
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 02:23 PM

That is some darn nice shooting there. When you feel better the weather will be perfect too. And you can then complain about the bugs .. :D :D :D
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

Cayugad that is another thing I like about shooting a muzzleloader with real BP all that smoke. The bugs are held at bay with each shot. Man it felt good getting out there today. I most likely will have to fine tune the sight at 50 yds but was impressed.

What I did was clamp my rifle down and put an aiming sticker on a piece of wood in my woodbin. I then adjusted the rifle till it was on that spot. I then removed the rear sight and very carefully replaced it with the vee peep. I then adjusted the vee peep to be aligned on that same spot all without moving the rifle. Looks like it worked quite well.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:10 PM

My problem when shooting open sights is.. if it is not one of them bright red dot sticker things, I can hardly focus on the target. According to the eye doctor I see fine, yet the other day I had a printed target out at 50 yards with nothing bright on it, and in all honesty, I knew where the center was but was guessing.

I would be real pleased with accuracy like you had there..
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 13 March 2007 - 07:20 PM

Yep I have a similar problem too. I would guess our eyes are about the same age. If it doesn't have a blaze orange color dot I guess too. My target that I posted actually has an orange dot but it somehow did not come out orange.

#6 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 13 March 2007 - 08:10 PM

Nice shooting!
-Eric

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users