4 replies to this topic

#1 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 02:13 PM

As I've mentioned in a recent post...I got the muzzle gun fever!! I went to Cabela's and picked up a CVA Optima Elite 50 cal., along with it,- came a 270 centerfire rifle barrel. both are Bargera barrels. 2 guns in one for under $500.
I shot it at the deer lease -this past weekend, I love it!! I have a Burris mil-dot scope collecting dust in the closet--looks like it may have a new home soon :yes: . I actuaaly rode the 4 wheeler around the ranch looking for an axis doe to test it on with the open sights. I got on 50-60 axis, just nothing to attempt with open sights.
Can't wait to get the scope on it and sighted in! Any words of wisdom appreciated ...

#2 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:47 AM

Congrats on your purchase, I look forward to sharing some muzzy hunts with ya.

Find the right combo and you'll be amazed on the accuracy.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

DON'T BREATHE THE SMOKE. Warning that stuff is very addictive. I sniffed it in 1976 and have been addicted ever since. You have been warned. Congratulations though that sounds like a real slick setup.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:47 PM

That sure sounds like a combination that will get the job done. Good luck with the rifle
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 08:51 AM

Congrats, a muzzleloader and a center fire in my favorite caliber. Nothin wrong with that. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users