2 replies to this topic

#1 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 04:51 PM

I couldn't find anyone to join me the last weekend of the waterfowl season. The birds were wary as ever by now and it was in the mid30's this morning, going to a bluebird sunny 50 something ...well Chief never seems to turn me down on a hunt.
It was a spiritual morning for me,-I don't get these too often, but this morning was different. I started thinking about how fast life is-trying to run a business, raise kids properly, keeping the Mrs. happy :lol: , being challenged everyday-trying to stay ahead of the game! It dawned on me-this is the FIRST and only hunt this season with only Chief at my side!
At this point in the dark-I realized how fortunate I am to be doing what I love to do and having all that surrond me everyday. It was already a successful hunt!!!
At shooting time-they were pouring in like they've never been shot at before! In 45 min. me and Chief were limited out! Needless to say, i was cooking breakfast tacos on the coleman a little earlier than usual-Chief didn't seem to mind either :no: . We were entertained by the "cupped & committed" birds dropping in our spread. ..It was a beautiful day-one I won't forget for a while.
I managed to get a few pics to share with you guys.......

Is it time yet Dad??????

Posted Image

Shooting time!!!
Posted Image

my team
Posted Image

the rig...
Posted Image

#2 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Teal and Scaup :)

Seasoned creole breasts, fried in a buttermilk batter. :) Yummy!!! Nice brace of ducks Tony. I didn't get to do any duck hunting this year. I miss seeing my buds dogs retrieve. The dogs love it more than us. It doesn't seem possible, but I'm convinced.
Posted Image

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 02:06 PM

Absolutely awesome pics Tony!

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg