• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:22 PM

Today while the day was bright and the temps were mild, I think is was called sunshine but I may be wrong I got my accusporter out and fired 3 shots at my 50 yd target. I am using 90 gr of 3f bp behind a 300 gr Hornady XTP. The rifle is light but the recoil is not. I really pulled the first shot and it usually isn't the best one either. The trigger guard came back and smacked my middle finger quite a wack. The second shot was better but I again wacked my finger hard enough to raise a welt which is still there. Then I had a flash but no boom. I did reposition my shooting hand and got a good shot off which did hit near dead center. by that time my finger was done and so was I.

Eric and I did do some shooting with a bench rest rifle in 222 Rem cal at 100 yds and I about annihlated the little diamond aiming spot.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 10:35 PM

Well any day you can get out shooting is a good day. The next time will be better. Sounds like you had fun at least...
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:08 PM

Yep we did have fun and when I get some time tonight I will post a pic of the target.
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users