• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:33 AM

Sorry, I musta forgot, :lol: I'm the only one here that can't run a computer blindfolded while standing upside down and backwards. Actually, I never noticed your e-mail in your signature, I used the "contact us" place on the homepage. Anyway, you are right, all is well with the world :lol:

#17 Dennis

Dennis

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 890 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

I still must log in every time ...sorry for the trouble..

Loving life, and taking things one day at a time..

#18 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 April 2007 - 10:05 AM

Anyway, you are right, all is well with the world :lol:

Good. Believe it or not, I don't like this poo anymore than the next person. But, the new cookie actually was the least "computer savvy" fix available for members. It was a support ticket to Invision I submitted where the redefining of the cookie was one suggestion. I'm really not a cookie expert myself (unless we're talking chocolate chip :rolleyes: ) but I suspect that folks who visit the forums several times per day were not having issues. (I know I wasn't, but I've been "living here" lately.) The hope is that now everyone will stay logged in as long as they visit the forums at least once every 7 day period. (As long as they check the "remember me" box when they log in, of course.) If after, let's say, a few days that is still not the case for some then please let me know!

I sure have my fingers and toes crossed that we're good to go from here on out. I seem to remember a similar issue on the old BO forums when they first opened and the redefining to the cookie worked.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#19 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:31 PM

JER
Since you made these changes should I delete my cookies so your change s will work properly?

Edited by RicF, 07 April 2007 - 03:31 PM.

PATIENCE - Kills Turkeys !!

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#20 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 07 April 2007 - 03:52 PM

JER
Since you made these changes should I delete my cookies so your change s will work properly?

If you still experience problems, yes.

sig_admin.png

#21 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:30 PM

Jer

This afternoon I deleted my cookies and logged in, this evening I had to log in again.

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#22 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:03 AM

Jer
FYI, I had to log in again today, Easter Sunday..

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

#23 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

Unfortunately, everything that can be done from this end has been done. I gather that this is a hit or miss issue. Personally, I have not had problems staying logged in on any of my computers either before or after the recent changes. So, I can not even really examine or speculate on what may be causing the issue. (If it is a user-side setting, for example.)

I have already exhausted IPS support. (They were the ones who suggested redefining the cookie path which proved to be a debacle for some.) I will search around the Internet to see if other users of our software have been having similar issues. But, given the nature of the issue I would say it is unlikely that I will find a flaw and/or fix. But, I will surely look. :)

sig_admin.png

#24 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:41 AM

:blink: Mine works every time that I click on the favorites. I have my puter set to automatically remember my passwords etc. and everything is functioning fine. I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere in the user settings in each individual case.
my $.04 ( inflation!) :D

#25 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

:blink: Mine works every time that I click on the favorites. I have my puter set to automatically remember my passwords etc. and everything is functioning fine. I'm guessing that the problem lies somewhere in the user settings in each individual case.
my $.04 ( inflation!) :D

My thought too... I just have no idea what it could be without being in their computer room.

sig_admin.png

#26 RicF

RicF

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 379 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:19 PM

Jer

By golly I think I figured out why I had to log on all the time.
First I deleted the cookies several time and that didn't help solve the problem but we know it did help in the long run.
Next thing I did was to delete all my bookmarks for the HR site, and then book mark them again but this time I was logged into the forum when I copied the site address, and created new bookmarks, this seemed to solve my problem. I have been back to the HR site and have not had to log in again

Thanks for all your help

Ricf

Ric's Hunting Page

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users