• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 29 March 2007 - 03:10 PM

I copied this from where it shows members , the Google.com thing seems odd. Is it supposed to be there? And it wasn't underlined like everybody elses name
    • Today's active topics The moderating team Today's top 20 posters Overall top 20 posters
    Today's active topics The moderating team Today's top 20 posters Overall top 20 posters
    5 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes
    0 guests, 4 members, 1 anonymous members
    mudduck, Whitefeatherwoman, Leo, Rowdy Yates, Google.com
    Show detailed by: Last Click, Member Name
    Today's Birthdays
    No members are celebrating a birthday today
    Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 5 days
    There are no forthcoming calendar events
    Board Statistics
    Our members have made a total of 22,709 posts
    We have 173 registered members
    The newest member is PaJames
    Most users ever online was 21 on Yesterday, 11:45 AM

Edited by mudduck, 29 March 2007 - 03:11 PM.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
    • 3,087 posts
    • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 29 March 2007 - 06:26 PM

Yep... It's supposed to be there. We are optimized to be crawled by various search engine robots (or "spiders") on a regular basis. The bots crawl the "Lo-Fi Version" of the board so as not to use up resources or slow things down. They only gather the information that is needed from topics to be listed in search engines. In addition to the Google bot, you may find "Hot Bot", "Ask Jeeves", "Lycos.com", "What You Seek" and "Archive.org" in the active users list at any given time. The Google bot has already crawled the new forums 3 times since it was put online and I have complete logs of everything that has been crawled. It's all about making sure that when "Joe Schmoe" logs onto [Enter Search Engine of Choice Here] he will see us in the list if he is looking for something we have to offer.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users