• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mudduck

mudduck

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts
  • Interests:Interested in almost everything, unless it bores me, then I'm not interested anymore

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:25 AM

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 06 April 2007 - 08:12 AM

If all of this is true and not unfair testing this sure sounds like an awesome bow.
-Eric

#3 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:10 AM

Impressive video to sell their new bow. I haven't shot this bow yet myself but I did shoot the others in this comparison and they are all great bows. I still like my Mathews.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#4 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 04:25 PM

A six inch brace height is tough to shoot consistently. It's not just me. Watch the shooters again. That's more bend than I like in my bow arm.

Great commercial but the bow ain't magic. The short brace height gives the bow an automatic 5% speed advantage over bows with just an inch more. On a bow with a 7inch brace that shoots 321 fps the 6inch brace alone gets it to 336fps. The additional 14fps is easily attained by increasing the pre-load on the limbs. Yes, you need more deflection capacity on the limbs to do this, but it's not as magic as it once was.

Accuracy and shootability are different things. Shoot one first ;)
Posted Image

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 08 April 2007 - 05:45 AM

Their advertising last year said about how quiet and shock free the Mach X was. There wasn't one of us in the archery dept. at the warehouse who thought that is was either quiet or shock free. We shall see this time around...

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#6 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Their advertising last year said about how quiet and shock free the Mach X was. There wasn't one of us in the archery dept. at the warehouse who thought that is was either quiet or shock free. We shall see this time around...

Advertising is advertising and personal experience is personal experience.

If I'm gonna plunk down my own dough for a new bow, I'm gonna shoot it first. Blind brand loyalty and bashing without personal experience can really make you look foolish.

I agree with Jeremiah. Let's see what it is for ourselves. Might be a perfect fit for you personally and it might not. Bows have an individual appeal to them and there seems to be no way around that. What works great for one may be a disaster for someone else.

I remember telling Woody one day, that I had made a realization that really drives this point home for me. I personally have ZERO ability to judge smoothness of draw. I don't know why. They all feel the same to me. As a result this is a complete non-issue for myself in selecting a bow. For some folks this is incredibly important. It makes or breaks their ability to shoot the bow effectively. I've seen this. I don't understand it. But I know it's true.

Short brace heights are killers for me. My Popeye shaped forearms really get in the way. Besides the forearm clearance issue even those who don't have that to deal with tend to have torque issues. Short brace heights are not very forgiving in my experience. A drop away rest doesn't fix this. Don't believe it. If someone tells you that seek advise elsewhere.

Personally, I'd like to see this bow offered in a 7.5 inch brace height, 31 inch draw and a 75lb model. Maybe the current arrangement is doable for me. I don't personally know. But my previous experience shooting short brace heights tends to make me really wonder how shootable the bow would be for me.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users