• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 06 April 2007 - 11:45 PM

Anyone use Swift Scirrocco bullets? These things all have a huge BC and long ogive, seems like they approach defying gravity. Any comments on loading or shooting them? I may get some loaded ammo for the 7RM I bought to flatten out the traj some so its more like the awesome 7STW.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

Can't help you on the swift bullets. Ive used noslers, hornady, speer, but no swifts or barnes.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#3 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 05:30 PM

The Swifts are in reality the ORIGINAL Accubond/Interbond polymer tipped bullet. They have a good hunting performance record but I've heard their accuracy is not as good as a Ballistic Tip or a Sierra Game King. However fractions of an inch don't matter to game animals. ;)

I don't think you'll be unhappy with them especially after you shoot something with them. I learned a long time ago paper performance and field performance DON'T go hand in hand.

BCs on Accubonds are fabulous as well. Quite a few have reported they don't like them for elk. I personally don't know.

Anyhow I wouldn't hesitate to hunt deer size and smaller game with ANY of the polymer tipped bullets today out of a 7mm Rem Mag.
Posted Image

#4 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

My brother shoots them. He ABSOLUTELY will not hunt with anything else! I will be the first to admit-performance wise -they have been flawless. His bullets have "beutiful mushrooms" w/ plenty of retention found under the skin on the opposite side of all his harvested deer. He shoots a tikka in 243.

#5 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:16 AM

My brother shoots them. He ABSOLUTELY will not hunt with anything else! I will be the first to admit-performance wise -they have been flawless. His bullets have "beutiful mushrooms" w/ plenty of retention found under the skin on the opposite side of all his harvested deer. He shoots a tikka in 243.

...as I suspected. Thanks for the input. I cant wait to buy em and try em in my BLR now.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users