7 replies to this topic

#1 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 06:53 AM

I got invited to join some guys on a canned pheasant hunt at one of those "sporting clubs" today. It is upper 20's, freezing rain/sleet/fog, and windy. I bet if they make the dogs leave their kennels and hit the fields, they'll get arrested for cruelty to animals. But we'll be out there trudging around in the frozen mud. Why do we do it?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

Larry sometimes we have no choice as much as we would like to stay at home in the warmth(and play guitar hero LOL) its in our blood no matter the weather theres something magical about that little 4 letter word that we like to call HUNT any time we hear it its like an instant injection of addrenalyn (sp) and were wired more then a box of ho hos washed down with a 12 pack of Mt dew LOL hope ya have fun and get some of them tender juicy morsels for the dinner table
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:17 PM

Larry it sure sounds like a sure cure for cabin fever if I ever heard of one. This time of year there is little if anything to hunt so enjoy enjoy.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:28 AM

The day didn't turn out too bad despite icy roads, freezing rain, strong winds and snow. I couldn't hit anything at the clays range but once out in the field I knocked down 3 pheasants and a Chukar on my own and then shared in 2 more pheasants for a total of 10 birds in 4 hours for our group. It was fun in the field, but I doubt I will do the farm raised bird, private club, canned bird hunt again. Sorry, no pictures. Melody has our camera out in Palm Springs and nobody else brought one. One guy tried to use his camera phone to snap a shot but it was too cold and the thing wouldn't work. :doh: By the time it thawed out in the club house, we already had the birds cleaned, bagged and were ready to leave.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:50 AM

Congrats Larry, sounds like a heck of a day!

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#6 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

Sounds like a great break from the confines of a cabin! Glad ya had fun.
Posted Image

#7 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:52 PM

Canned Phrozen birds shooting can take the chill out winter as you know. Sounds like a blast. Birds ought to taste great too. :) :)-
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#8 Fossil

Fossil

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  • Interests:Hunting,fishing and rockhounding..............

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

20 degrees,thats a heatwave here..................... ;)
Posted Image

God,family and friends-What else is there..................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users