• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:13 PM

I wanted to test a new black powder in the rifles. I got some Graf's black powder.

The Graf's in the Lyman Trade Rifle worked perfect. I was shooting 100 gr of Graf 2f and never had a hang fire or misfire. Also I never had to swab the barrel. In fact fowling was next to nothing. Even the patches were perfect.

Also a person on a different forum wanted me to try some Graf's 3f as a primer. So I opened a pound of it, and loaded my small pan primer. It worked perfect. Never a misfire. I had a good sharp flint. This was at 50 yards off a single bag. The first three shots kind of surprised me because they were hitting so high. I wonder if this powder has a little more zip then Goex as yesterday the shots were hitting a little higher then normal.

Posted Image
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

#2 cayugad

cayugad

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 881 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:54 PM

I've noticed in three other rifles when shooting Graf's that for some reason I need to swab the barrel in order to get accuracy and to make loading more consistant. I do not have a reason for this, but am still testing the powder in every rifle I try.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, a total wreck with a big smile on your face."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users