8 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:02 PM

I have all the updates I just sent the computer in about a month ago and they replaced the cd drive in it. it played dvds when I got it back then today when I put one in it starts getting "blocky" there are large pixil type blocks and freezes the movie any suggestions????????
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:55 PM

It could be a million different things. I would start with the disk. Does it play well in other players?

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:58 PM

yes they play in dvd players I tried them in 3 other dvd players they also play in Heathers computer but when I put it in my computer it starts and stops and the picture is blocked kinda like a pay channell thats blocked it plays choppy then freezes up the whole computer and restarts it

Posted Image

#4 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:29 AM

What are you using to view the dvd? Window Media Player someother 3rd party software? If I were you I would first rule out a malufuntioning player. If you are using 3rd party software I would make sure that it is upated too and your machine has the proper CODEC installed.

#5 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:04 PM

I am using windows xp media edition its the player that standard with the OS

Posted Image

#6 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:06 PM

Something about the way you typed your last answer makes me want to make certain of your player.
Answer any (or all) of the following...
1) When the DVD starts, the player that opens says "Windows Media Player"? (Yes or No)
2) When you browse to the "Help" tab of the player it says "About Windows Media Player" in that column? (Yes or No)
3) When you press "F1" on your keyboard with the player open the help file that comes up is for "Windows Media Player"? (Yes or No)

The reason I ask is because many DVD players these days come bundled with a player. (My drive came with interVideo's "WinDVD".) Either your computer manufacturer, or whomever just installed the new drive, could have installed such a player.

In any event, Jack is on the correct path. With the disk being good your next step is likely the Codec due to blocky/pixelated video and system freezes. I did a quick Google last night of "blocky DVD playback" and came up with tons of articles and links concerning player/Codec issues. You'll likely be best served by verifying your player and then going in search of.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#7 MuleDeer

MuleDeer

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

Windows Media Player is not a friend of mine. :D

Here is the one I use VLC.

I like this one the best for all around use. It converts it plays it does most everything a guy wants and it's FREE. :D :D

#8 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 16 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

Something about the way you typed your last answer makes me want to make certain of your player.
Answer any (or all) of the following...
1) When the DVD starts, the player that opens says "Windows Media Player"? (Yes)
2) When you browse to the "Help" tab of the player it says "About Windows Media Player" in that column? (Yes )
3) When you press "F1" on your keyboard with the player open the help file that comes up is for "Windows Media Player"? (Yes )

The reason I ask is because many DVD players these days come bundled with a player. (My drive came with interVideo's "WinDVD".) Either your computer manufacturer, or whomever just installed the new drive, could have installed such a player.

In any event, Jack is on the correct path. With the disk being good your next step is likely the Codec due to blocky/pixelated video and system freezes. I did a quick Google last night of "blocky DVD playback" and came up with tons of articles and links concerning player/Codec issues. You'll likely be best served by verifying your player and then going in search of.

Posted Image

#9 Leo

Leo

Hunting Resource

• Administrators
  • 3,155 posts

Posted 10 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Windows Media Player is not a friend of mine. :D

Here is the one I use VLC.

I like this one the best for all around use. It converts it plays it does most everything a guy wants and it's FREE. :D :D

Muledeer is right. Try the VLC player. If that doesn't work you likely have other hardware issues. The main one being if you are try to play DVDs on a computer that uses "shared" memory and an onboard graphics chip. Newer computers this isn't as big a deal but just a couple years ago this was a killer.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users