4 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

the last 2 nights now when going into chat it chimes but takes forever to get in ??? its not only me RNG, Frank SR., Fred are amoung other that have had the problem
was there an update or something that has caused this???
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:22 PM

No change/update I am aware of other than a new version of Java coming out last week.

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#3 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

Maybe it's just an unexplainable computer thing. Thanks Jer
-Eric

#4 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:31 PM

It's definitely loading slow, if that is any consolation.

Unfortunately, nothing has changed on our end to make that so.

It could be the new version of Java. I always try to keep one of my computers "outdated" when it comes to stuff like that so I can compare new against old. But, I didn't this time. So, I really can't say.

Outside of that I checked the host website and there is no news of anything having changed there. So, I dunno.

sig_admin.png

#5 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:43 PM

So you all know, I am still monitoring this situation. There are three potential reasons I can see for this load time issue...

1) It could just be an issue with the host server. (Nothing I can do about that.)
2) It could be the new version of Java. The latest release was a full version change from 5 to 6, not just an update. (Nothing I can do about that.)
3) It could be that most of us just have some extra junk floating around on our computers from previous Java versions causing conflicts. (We can work with that!)

Yesterday I focused on issue 3. I found that I, personally, had about a dozen instances of Java on my notebook alone!

To remove the unwanted clutter I browsed to Start> Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs on my computer and removed all instances of "Java" or "JRE" except for the latest which is named "Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1". Then I also cleared my Java cache by browsing to Start> Control Panel> Java on my computer and clicking on the "General" tab at the top. Once there, I clicked "Settings..." under the header "Temporary Internet Files". There I clicked "Delete Files...", checked both boxes and clicked "OK". I followed all of this with a system reboot.

I noticed tonight that the room did load faster for me. (Still not quite as quickly as it once did, but a ton faster than the last couple days.) I can not say for sure that cleaning up my system was the key, but it certainly didn't hurt.

Thanks

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users