• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:03 AM

I just bought the wife a newish Martin bow to start with so we can shoot together inthe back 40.
Decided maybe I better upgrade to a Mathews so I bid on a newish one offa eBay. I otto have it in 3 weeks or so and begin practicing lots for E4 ;) .
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

Mr. Silvertip-co what model did you bid on? I have run into more Mathews shooters all the time. ;)
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:46 PM

I helped a guy buy one that way, he got a Switchback XT. ran over to salida to Western archery and got it all set up for him. 2nd shot and popped a nock off.

so like rowdy asked...what did ya get and what accessories you gonna set up on her?

Congrats :)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Its a SQ2 LH set up and ready to shoot. I am sure I'll take it some where and have it checked over before I shoot it. I havent wont the bid yet, but I lose only one eBay bid per year and this wont be it ;) . It has a 3 pin vertical sight( not my pref as I like the pins horiz ) with a whiskybun, stabilizer, loop, peep, one of them string damper things Leo is always talking about, and stickholder. I been wanting to go by Western Archery in Salida for 5 yrs, maybe now I will. I been by thew place a 100 times andn ever went in.

Details at 11...
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

charlie you must have it hidden somehow...I did a search to check out what your bidding on and the only LH stuff I can find is cam's. no wonder you win every auction...you found how to make them invisible to everyone else LOL.

your gonna love that bow.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 sschneid73

sschneid73

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:07 AM

The SQ is a sweet shooting bow. I almost purchased that one before the my first FX model. Then I went and got hooked on the Hoyt.

Steve

#7 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:48 PM

I went to check on it today and th owner sold it locally in MO :o . Guess I need to shop some more. Lots of used Mathews there and not sure which model is best. I think I'll look for a LH 28-70 of some model. I need a shorter draw than my present Martin. Dawn is all excited about the Martin ladies bow I won for her. She told me I otto buy me a new gun or something. I was sorta forced to reveal my February 4gun home run to her, finally
( WHEW ).
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#8 Hungry Horse

Hungry Horse

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 11:13 PM

I went to check on it today and th owner sold it locally in MO :o . Guess I need to shop some more. Lots of used Mathews there and not sure which model is best. I think I'll look for a LH 28-70 of some model. I need a shorter draw than my present Martin. Dawn is all excited about the Martin ladies bow I won for her. She told me I otto buy me a new gun or something. I was sorta forced to reveal my February 4gun home run to her, finally
( WHEW ).

Charlie; That can be dangerous to your happy marriage to reveal a 4 gun purchase ! " YOU BOUGHT HOW MANY NEW GUNS ?" grrrrr! Good luck on your new bow hunt on ebay, maybe you can buy 4 new bows ! LOL ! Just a suggestion, don't overlook the new Bear Archery bows, they are good performers at a good price, the higher end ones, the Truth, Code and Instinct. HH in Pa

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:22 AM

Look for a Mathews Switchback, Charlie it sure is a great bow IMHO. Smooth draw cycle, quiet and fairly fast and stays setup on tuning nicely.
"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

I cant find a Switchback for less than 650. I'm still camper shopping so I thot I would go for an older model Mathews. So we'll see what I come up with.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#11 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

Well Charlie, what is the outcome?
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#12 sticknstring

sticknstring

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:22 AM

I'll second McBruce-Mathews is the way to go-the sq and the sb are both great models. You should be able to do better than 650 for used one though(we get that for a new one around here). Check out Texas bowhunters .com-the classified ads from time to time -I'm sure one will pop up!

#13 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:03 PM

Pat bought his off of ebay for 500 a 06 Switchback XT. he needed a 27.5 inch 50-60 lb bow. took about a month of watching and he finaly nailed one. Just keep watching. they are out there.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#14 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:18 PM

I'm watching. Thx for emailing the two LH 28x70's to me. I'll eyeball them a few days.

Pat bought his off of ebay for 500 a 06 Switchback XT. he needed a 27.5 inch 50-60 lb bow. took about a month of watching and he finaly nailed one. Just keep watching. they are out there.

SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#15 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:49 AM

I'm watching. Thx for emailing the two LH 28x70's to me. I'll eyeball them a few days.

silvertip-co

Here's a website to help you find your draw length http://www.pabucks.com/bow_draw_length.html

These two formulas look to be fairly simple enough for anyone here to use.

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 02 May 2007 - 11:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users