3 replies to this topic

#1 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:16 PM

A friend of mine was falling behind on a job and could not afford to pay labor and with me not working we worked out a deal. I worked 2 days for him and he gave me a M44 with synthetic stock and original stock. Heather had shot it last summer and fell in love with it so now it helped him out and also gave Heather a new toy its a 1938 Russian 7.62X54 rifle in really good shape just needed some cleaning its been sitting and not fired or cleaned (was cleaned when we were done shooting it that weekend) since we shot it last summer so I took some time today and went through it got it all cleaned up and spit shined and oiled up real good and ready to go again. she will post some pictures later when she has a chance.
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#2 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 04:53 PM

sorry after doing a little research its not a M44 its a M38 same rifle the m44 was made with a perminant bayonet attatched to it and this one does not have that which would make it a m38 they are the exact same rifle same cartridge same everything the m38 was manufactured from 1938-1945 and the M44 was manufactured from 1943-1955 so sorry for the confusion I mis spoke

Posted Image

#3 Eric

Eric

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,085 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:35 PM

Well Todd what ever gun you have there should be lots of fun to shoot. :D
AKA PA Spike King
Casters Hunting Club
Real Men Shoot Flintlocks
International Harvester Tractors
2008 Realtree Turkey Contest Team Champs!

#4 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

another correction guys sorry turns out its neither its a tula 91/30 thats my final answer LOL took some time going through all the markings and tracking it all down they are all the same guns but manufactured different years they all look identical but what gave it away was a marking from when it was brought in through Knox Tn they stamped it at the end of the barrel 91/30 7.62X54 Russia

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users