11 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

Anyone know much about a Martin Jaguar bow? Ran across a good deal on one and am tempted.

#2 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:53 PM

If I'm thinking of the right person and bow Larry has that same bow, I was considering it when I was looking for a bow. It seemed nice and looked like a good deal.
-Eric

#3 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:51 PM

Norm:
I had a Martin Mag Jag which I sold to Larry after I purchased my Mathews. Larry then went and purchased the Mag Jag for Mel.

it has a bit more hand shock then a mathews. at the same weight and draw length it shot about 20 ft per sec slower then my mathews
but it was an awesome bow.

My problem was I was sold the bow from a bow shop that could care less once they had your cash.
bow was set up wrong from the start, they had it back a number of times, couldnt get it right.
after they over pressed it and cracked the riser ( and then tried to hide it and sent me out the door with a broken riser ) I had enough and purchased my Mathews.
( keep in mind Martin stood behind the bow, replaced the riser and helped me find a new shop to do the warranty work )

they are the people I purchased my Mathews from. NOW after we did a 4 hour deal of picking a bow, setting it up and so on...I went back in with the Martin and said DON set this one up the same way you did the Mathews. Once set up properly I question if I would have ever swiitched.

Now...I doubt I would go back...but for a cost effective bow and will flat drive tacks for you...the Martin Mag Jaguar is an awesome bow.
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#4 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 04:59 AM

Dang Bruce, what are you doing up this early? :doh:

Melody and I both shoot the Jaguar Magnum by Martin and really like them. Hard to beat for the price.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#5 McBruce

McBruce

Marketing

• Managers
  • 2,155 posts
  • Interests:shooting/ rifle/blackpowder/handguns/archery/ shotguns. atving, photography ( scenic and wildlife ) Being out in the Mtns of Colorado any chance I can get.

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:58 AM

Larry:
I'm getting old... I go to bed at 1 and get up at 6 now....on a sleep in day I might get 7 hours...but I've stretched it out to 5 or 5.5 from what use to be 4... man it bites getting old. ;)
McBruce
Live what you believe
Believe what you live

#6 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Thanks guys. I found one used in excellent shape for $169.00 and I'm wanting to try to build myself up to be able to shoot a compound again. A crossbow is ok but I miss the feel of a regular bow.

#7 irinman2424

irinman2424

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:04 AM

thats what Im going to try and do with the bow I am buying from woody is build up the muscles and start as low poundage as I can untill I get used to it then increase the poundage and hopefully be able to get up to where I can shoot again
I believe in fillet and release!

Posted Image

#8 runNgun

runNgun

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,835 posts
  • Interests:Waterfowl, Deer, Ice fishing

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:35 AM

thats what Im going to try and do with the bow I am buying from woody is build up the muscles and start as low poundage as I can untill I get used to it then increase the poundage and hopefully be able to get up to where I can shoot again

that's how I did it Todd, when I got my bow I had it set up for #40 and slowly worked my way up last summer to #45 pounds. This summer my goal is to get about to about #50 or #55
-Eric

#9 Rowdy Yates

Rowdy Yates

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,632 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 11:33 AM

Thanks guys. I found one used in excellent shape for $169.00 and I'm wanting to try to build myself up to be able to shoot a compound again. A crossbow is ok but I miss the feel of a regular bow.

Here's the thing. It's easy and it works as long as you use it. http://www.bowfit.com/

Also found at Cabelas http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/template...T&noImage=0

Bow Fit works period. It works those muscles that are used for true archery bows, compound or traditional. And it won't hurt you like some equipment I've tried. Not really expensive. I own the Bow Fit Safari Exerciser because it's a little beefer made and feels more like a 70# draw weight when setup. Stay healthy. ;)

Edited by Rowdy Yates, 04 May 2007 - 02:54 PM.

"Keep the sun forever at your back, the wind forever in your face, and may forever God bless you out there on the trail."

#10 jpielaet

jpielaet

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 02:56 PM

I've hunted for the past two years with a Martin Magnum Jaguar. Once set up properly, it is very easy to shoot accurately and I have taken nice deer with it. It is also relatively light and compact, making it nice for treestand use.

#11 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:15 PM

Hi jpielaet, welcome to the Hunting Resources campfire. Glad you could join us! Do you have any pictures you could post of your deer kills with the Jag Mag?
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#12 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 12 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

I is/was a Martin user. I liked em.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users