• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:02 PM

I need to get a FLA CCW permit. Any of you Coloruffians got one andhow did you go about applying???

I have my old CCW from PA(expired) and my FBI certificates for the classes I took from them when I was a Deputy.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#2 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:16 AM

I got mine here in Colorado but Florida is a repricocity state. First you take a CCW gun safety class (easy enough to find if you check your local paper or hunting store) then go to your county sherrif's dept and apply. Turn in the application with the fee and wait while they do the checks. They'll let you know whether you were accepted or not. If so, then it's fingerprints, pictures, etc. Better get it done if you're serious. The Dem's are in control and working hard to take CCW away.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

#3 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:09 PM

Yep, Larry has it figured out.

fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#4 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts
  • Interests:hunting, fly fishing, long range shooting, hiking, camping, panning gold, reloading

Posted 04 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

Talked to the CCW instructor. 99dol for the class he can do it when I am here in Denver working around my work schedule, which is good. Whats not good is since the Boulder Leftists have seized control of the Colo Legistature the FLA permit will no longer be good here cause Colo got to have their own'everything'. Anyone with a Colo CCW permit automatically goes on a 'nutball' list so when ya get pulled over the police will do a full body search etc and you are immediately 'under suspicion' of everything, including being a Republican and a Christian. Guess I better not carry my Sudafed in the same pocket as my CCW. Nice thing is I can get the FLA permit too after I take the class so when I visit the 27 non-Communist states I can carry my 44 or 45.

And gas WILL be 4.00 a gal by Labor Day... :(
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

#5 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:53 PM

Since my son got his, and also got certified as a Certified Executive Bodygaurd, he can carry anywhere. It's allready come in handy when a bunch of drunks, St. Patricks day, threatened to pull a gun and start shooting people. Jason and his wife happened to be walking by just then. The ring leader quickly got introduced to the muzzle of my son's Springfield Armory XD .45! He held the group untill the police showed up. Jason's wife no longer asks why he always carries.

Edited by Spirithawk, 05 May 2007 - 05:40 PM.

#6 silvertip-co

silvertip-co

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

Since my son got his, and also got certified as a Certified Executive Bodygaurd, he can carry anywhere. It's allready come in handy when a bunch of drunks, St. atricks day, threatened to pull a gun and start shooting people. Jason and his wife happened to be walking by just then. The ring leader quickly got introduced to the muzzle of my son's Springfield Armory XD .45! He held the group untill the police showed up. Jason's wife no longer asks why he always carries.

...he's a good son.
SVENSKA50@HOTMAIL.COM

NRA LIFE MEMBER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users