12 replies to this topic

#1 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:47 PM

Paul, just wondering how you PA fellows were doing turkey hunting. Anyone having any luck? The birds here have all but quit gobbling and are pretty call shy.

#2 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:16 PM

One was talking pretty good yesterday Norm, but I had to head to work....this morning the mountian was dead silent....wierd for the perfect weather ?????
Posted Image

#3 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:21 PM

Norm so far no shots. Ist day we were at camp and all of us heard birds but none would come in. I was out a couple of times this week here at home but only called in two jakes the first time and another hunter the second time. Eric and I are going out tomorrow and hopefully will find a willing bird or two.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#4 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 07:49 PM

My daughter is being stuborn and hasnt come out yet (due date was may 1st) so I havent gotten out to hunt since i have no cell reception at the local game lands. when the mrs pops...I'll finally get to go. I've seen some when driving around.

#5 Phil

Phil

Never Logs Off

• Authors
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 01:21 AM

My daughter is being stuborn and hasnt come out yet (due date was may 1st) so I havent gotten out to hunt since i have no cell reception at the local game lands. when the mrs pops...I'll finally get to go. I've seen some when driving around.

:D WT,
In the Labor room, try to practice your yelps during contractions....purrs are more suited for the between times when she eases the death grip on your arm :yes: ....You can use a gobble tube in the waiting area to let the relatives know "It's a Boy"...a fly down cackle if the little Blessing is a girl ! :smackhead: ( expect to be clobbered following this advice)
BEST WISHES & PRAYERS TO MOMMY & BABY FOR A SAFE/EASY ARRIVAL!!!! :D

Edited by Phil, 05 May 2007 - 01:23 AM.

Posted Image

#6 PA RIDGE RUNNER

PA RIDGE RUNNER

Life Member

• Authors
  • 5,702 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:00 AM

Scott it is time to tke your wife for a ride on a rough bumpy road which describes nearly all the roads in PA. Seriously praying for an easy and quick delivery for your lovely wife and a great set of lungs on the new arrival.
If God had a refrigerator would your picture be on it.
Remember the Ark was built by amateurs, the titanic by professionals.

#7 bonecollector34

bonecollector34

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:18 AM

I wish the same, a safe and quick delivery for mom and baby.

Fatty

Martyupdatedsignature2-1.jpg
Prostaff.jpg

#8 Spirithawk

Spirithawk

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,343 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

I wish the same. :D

#9 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

There's turkey in PA? :huh:

I have one spot I can hunt because I can practically drive right to the blind. But, I haven't seen a bird in 4 outings. Barely have even heard a bird! (One weak gobble in the distance.) I've been letting my father do the calling because I've had problems gripping calls... And I've had a bad cold forcing me to eat Halls the whole time I'm afield. So, I'm sure that's the only problem. :P Once I'm back on my game it'll be the pied piper story as usual. :D

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

#10 REDGREEN

REDGREEN

Hunting Resource

• Moderators
  • 1,461 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, fishing,wood carving, waking up with a pulse

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:33 AM

Paul, just wondering how you PA fellows were doing turkey hunting. Anyone having any luck? The birds here have all but quit gobbling and are pretty call shy.

You've got to look at it from the turkey's perspective, Norm. If you knew that someone was going to airmail a load of buckshot at you, if you opened your beak, you'd be real quiet too! I hope that things improve for you. Get a big one. :)

#11 Whitetiger

Whitetiger

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:27 AM

Can someone airmail me a butterball please??

#12 Charles

Charles

Can Charge Rent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Firstly, Well wishes to the new Mother and Father on the upcoming arrival !! WT, just remember these words; "Here Dear, let ME change the Baby so you can get some rest. Would you like something cool to drink, an extra pillow or a magazine, Honey? Would you like your Mother to come over and stay for a few days to help out?" Use these words freely and you'll be hunting in no time.

For the Turkey, I've been on hened up birds everyday. They roost right out my bedroom windows (I laid in bed the other morning and waited until I heard them gobble and then took off after them, lol). Had a nice gob walk by me at 42 yards but no shot. I had my bow and my personal limit is 35 yards on Turkey so I used all the control in the world and passed. I had them going so well on opening day that a guy slipped between Nate and I and shot the bird. Nice 10 incher too. My son was not a happy kid.

Since then I have had this same thing happen to me 3 more times. I'm getting sick of these guy coming on posted land. I've taken some back tag numbers and turned them in but the guy is always running when I see him. Last Sat. I just walked the property line with ol' trusty Mr. Remington to kick the trespassers out. I saw 4 guys on the 500 acres and heard 2 shots one right after another. I'm sure he missed. And I'm sure I missed several other people too.

Why can't these so called hunters stay where they belong? Does the word PRIVATE have a different meaning in PA? If they had asked to hunt a month ago I would have gladly said sure. We've got so many Turkeys you can't swing a cat by the tail without hitting one. I just don't care about the Turkey hunting it is the PRINCIPLE of hunting POSTED land. Never seen this until I came here. Sorry boys, I've seen way too much here to think it's just a few. It's the majority. I feel the few good ones like Phil, Paul and Eric as well as some others I'm sure I have yet to meet are rare at best in this part of the country.

Signed: Frustrated with SW PA "Hunters"
5-November-2008 - Today is the first day of the down fall of American as we know it.

#13 Larry $

Larry $

Totally Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

Preach it brother! It's not just PA, it's everywhere. We can't keep a fence line up and in one piece between the hunters the 4-wheelers and the Jeep guys.
Elk: it's what's for dinner!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users