1 reply to this topic

#1 Whistle Pig

Whistle Pig

Always Here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 29 March 2005 - 09:14 AM

I have been a proud owner of this pack for about a year now. This pack retails for about $120, I found one on sale and was in the right place and it rang out at $60 and something. It's an Internal frame pack with to aluminum shanks that fit in side of two pockets making them removable for what ever reason you want them out for. They are contoured for your back and are not by any means uncomphy. The pack pictured below is a some what newer than my model, I like my set up better from the looks of it. Every inch of the pack that is in contact with you is padded with a half inch of firm but comfortable padding. There are channels that run through the part on your back that let air to get in and keep you cool. The pack is made with very quiet saddle-cloth and has very durable seams, I have yet to find a freighed thread. There are four main adjustment strapes that keep it secure or loose, however you wish. And plenty of well placed durable loops to lash gear, and clothing to. There are three external pockets, with two on each side that are perfect Nalgene bottles, or other mid-sized gear. There is also a pocket on top that covers the Double draw string opening of the main compartment of the pack. In this top pocket, there is a small zippered pocket to keep very small odds and ends, the top holds binos well, rain gear or anything else that needs to be handy, i.e. first aid kit. (Especially when with my dad) The main compartment has a water bladder pocket, that can handle a 2-liter pouch. I have a 1.5 liter bladder and stuff emergency shelter material in the bottum. Great pack, maybe perhaps a bit much for the close to truck hunter, but just perfect for the hiking hunter. The thing that really seperates this from reagular day packs is that if this pack never gets uncomfortable, if it does it's because you do not have it adjusted right. 5 Stars to Kelty for this pack.
Posted Image

Edited by Whistle Pig, 29 March 2005 - 10:01 AM.

Posted Image

#2 diehlrod

diehlrod

Moving Up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 April 2006 - 07:35 AM

I agree completely with you on this one. I got one about 8 months ago. Most comfortable pack i've ever used. I have an older gregory pack I used in the scouts, but this one sure is perfect for me. Plus it is easy to spot in the airport baggage claims. No more searching and searching for my bag. I just stand back and wait for the big camo one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users