1 reply to this topic

#1 woodys_daughter01

woodys_daughter01

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:11 AM

Just wondering where any reference is made to Canadian provinces where some of the board members reside? I see a map of the United States, and I see a list of each of the states, but no Canadian provinces? Why is this?
:(
Dream, Strive, Drive

Sometimes I wonder, why is that Frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.

#2 Jeremiah

Jeremiah

Hunting Resource

• Owner/Admin
  • 3,087 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Hunting, Archery, Outdoors, Computers, Website Development...

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:00 AM

I think this was actually mentioned a while ago and so far it has gone nowhere. Maybe this time we can move on it. Here's the scoop...

The map on the home page has nothing to do with membership or who is welcome here. Each state on the map simply contains a link to the most relevant Department of Natural Resources or Game Commission website. At those sites, one can order licenses/tags as well as find open season dates and other things. Personally, I don't know any of the Canadian DNR websites. I'm sure I could Google search, but just like with the state DNR sites, I am sure that some provinces will have more than one such site. It took me a good while to sift through and find the most relevant one for each state and I am from the states. So, I can only imagine taking on this task for a country I know little about. (I guess if there is any good news it's that there are only 12 provinces. LOL)

As with just about all things here, one gets out what they put in. One of the ideals of this site is to be for, by and about the outdoors-person. If someone from the great white north would be willing help me in compiling a list of relevant DNR-type sites for the provinces, I would surely extend the map. It might take a while at this point as I have so many other things to do, but at least the hardest part would be done.

Here's an after-thought... Why not make it a globe? I have no idea if Africa, for example, has such sites available. But, if so... Why not add them too? :hmm:

PA IHEA & NBEF/IBEP Instructor

sig_admin.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users